[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #353: 2011.11.27

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Nov 28 06:51:00 EST 2011

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
- tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
- wednesday, 2am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio* (http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist.
*
**FOR DONATIONS STARTING AT JUST €18 YOU CAN RECEIVE ONE OF OUR
/FRAMEWORK EDITIONS/ CD RELEASES: THE LATEST ISSUE OF OUR /FRAMEWORK
SEASONAL/ SERIES, OR ONE OR BOTH EDITIONS OF THE /FRAMEWORK250/ 2CD
COMPILATIONS!**
**

*

*#353: 2011.11.27*

greetings from the road - /*framework*/ is currently in
perruel-sur-andelle, in normandy, where we are recovering in the
countryside after an action-packed week in maribor, slovenia, where we
gave a workshop with *udo noll*, of the great *radio aporee*, at the
*kiblix* festival. several of the sounds we recorded have already made
it onto the *aporee soundmap*, so for a taste of maribor, have a listen
here: http://aporee.org/maps (search for maribor to zoom in).

meanwhile, we came back to the /*magnetic traces*/ compilation that we
began listening to in our last regular edition, sampled some sounds from
*mathias delplanque*'s latest release on *cronica electronica*, heard
another in *kaon*'s /*la riviere*/ series of mini-cdr's (this one by
*simon whetham*), and sampled another /*framework*/ introduction
recorded by regular contributor *neil griffith*. we also heard the next
exclusive track from our /*framework seasonal*/ release, this one by
*sirr records* impresario *paulo raposo*. we've been slowly working our
way through the tracks on the cd, premiering one per show, and we hope
you've been enjoying them. there are a few more to go, but in the
meantime we hope you'll show your support for /*framework radio*/ by
donating and picking up a copy of the cd for yourself. just visit the
website and make a donation via the paypal buttons on the right.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
põlvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:28  /  neil griffith  /  framework introduction
http://www.myspace.com/transmissionasylum

02:11 - 11:00  /  mathias delplanque  /  passeport 1 (nantes)  /
passeports  /  cronica, bruit clair
http://www.mathiasdelplanque.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org,
http://www.bruitclair.com

06:33 - 11:53  /  philip samartzis  /  insect woman  /  magnetic traces
/  swarming
http://www.microphonics.org,
http://ascendre.free.fr/swarmingproduction/swarming.html

11:06 - 17:01  /  cedric peyronnet  /  7 kdi dctb  /  magnetic traces
/  swarming
http://www.ingeos.org,
http://ascendre.free.fr/swarmingproduction/swarming.html

14:32 - 22:40  /  simon whetham  / /[excerpt 1]/  / she floated away...
/  kaon
http://www.simonwhetham.co.uk, http://www.kaon.org

18:20 - 25:33  /  mathias delplanque  /  passeport 2 (lille)  /
passeports  /  cronica, bruit clair
http://www.mathiasdelplanque.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org,
http://www.bruitclair.com

25:35 - 35:54  /  paulo raposo  /  planting a tree inside water  /
framework seasonal ::: autumn 2011  /  framework editions
http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal/autumn2011

35:52 - 41:56  /  camilla hannan  /  mamori spectre  /  magnetic traces
/  swarming
http://www.camillahannan.com,
http://ascendre.free.fr/swarmingproduction/swarming.html

39:17 - 46:20  /  mathias delplanque  /  passeport 6 (nantes)  /
passeports  /  cronica, bruit clair
http://www.mathiasdelplanque.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org,
http://www.bruitclair.com

42:20 - 52:29  /  simon whetham  / /[excerpt 2]/  /  she floated
away...  /  kaon
http://www.simonwhetham.co.uk, http://www.kaon.org

48:26 - 54:42  /  eric la casa  /  zone sensible  /  magnetic traces  /
swarming
http://ascendre.free.fr,
http://ascendre.free.fr/swarmingproduction/swarming.html

51:11 - 57:00  /  geoff robinson  /  hellnar and jökulsárlon, iceland
6-9 april 2008  /  magnetic traces  /  swarming
http://ascendre.free.fr/swarmingproduction/swarming.html

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!