[microsound-announce] Hands To : Cicuye (Yugen Archives free download)

yugen david at yugen-art.org
Sun Nov 6 16:17:24 EST 2011

Hands To : Cicuye
"The raw material for the tape was recorded during a car trip through
the four corners area of the Southwestern United States. All of the
sounds were recorded in or around Anasazi indians ruins, some inside
national parks or monuments, others on public land. I have always been
interested in what the world sounded like before the advent of modern
technology, before mechanized transportation, industrial machinery,
mass-media. It was my hope at the time that this tape might give some
sense of what it was like." ( Jeph Jerman )
Originally released on tape by Animist Recording in 1993.
The package includes : scan of the original tape cover, additional
photos by Jeph Jerman and a new Yugen artwork.
Many thanks to Jeph Jerman.
http://www.yugen-art.org

http://www.yugen-art.org/cicuye.html

http://www.yugen-art.org