[microsound-announce] Thoughtless idiots who masquerade as supporters of small labels

David Newman dwnewman at clara.co.uk
Sat May 7 09:27:44 EDT 2011

To the thoughtless idiots....

So here I am 3 weeks from the release of a beautiful album by A Dancing
Beggar.

http://www.audiobulb.com/albums/AB036/AB036.htm

The album has been sent out as per usual to 120 reviewers on our promo list.
One or more of these people who purport to support independent music and
small labels has uploaded the album onto every file sharing platform there
is.

So it's out - people can help themselves for free. The £200 I spent on
postage won't get recouped, the £750 I spent on making the CD won't get
recouped.

Some people think it's easy balancing the books if you are a record small
record company - I can tell you it is not. I only made 500 of these and if I
don't get close to £900 back I can see Audiobulb sinking/closing for good.

So you may be thinking why am I ranting at you? Well I don't know who has
done this - they hide behind stupid names in Fileshare etc - but whoever you
are - you are selfish, thoughtless and stupid.

David Newman

 <http://www.audiomoves.com/> http://www.audiomoves.com | Audiomoves >
Digital audio solutions

 <blocked::http://www.audiobulb.com/> http://www.audiobulb.com | Audiobulb