[microsound-announce] DEKORDER///NEWS///05.2011

Dekorder m at dekorder.com
Tue May 3 17:23:39 EDT 2011

1. OUT NOW:

DATASHOCK "Pyramiden Von Gießen" 2LP

"Oo what's this be-gatefolded Kraut-outing I see
before me emblazoned with manicdotes and universe
of seemingly some other lost time, its colossal
sonic ooze ritualizing our cranials and
Dynorodding our deepest secret fears, then? Hell,
it's PYRAMIDEN VON GIEßEN, the fucking brand new
German double-vinyl epic commune sprawl from
Berlin/Hamburg ensemble Datashock, and it's a
splendidly righteous motherfucker with futuristic
lobes for pointy-headed people.

Don't know what they put in the wasser during
this Datashock sesh, but it kicks Balzac in the
ballsac and I want some now or a tantric tantrum
approacheth. Kiddies, you doshed enuff this month
for just one purchase, perchance, then make sure
you buy THIS motherfucker, got me? You're on the
dole you, you NEED new music it's this one. Why?
Because not only comes its sound from the bowels
of the fucking Absolute, but it's all housed &
decorated like these visionary motherfuckers
truly CARE! So grab your bargain by rushing to
Dekorder Records' website at dekorder.com, or
hassle those beasts themselves at
myspace.com/datashock."
(JULIAN COPE)

ALEXANDER RISHAUG "Shadow Of Events" CD

Rishaug's music is informed by classic minimal
composers such as Steve Reich and Terry Riley as
well as 90's electronica acts such as the
Oval/Microstoria axis and like-minded but more
obscure artists associated with the Mille
Plateaux label (remember Neina?) but surely
wouldn't be out of place on a contemporary label
like Kranky or Type.

Repetitive and seemingly simple melodic patterns
are combined with (and sometimes obscured by)
decaying monlithic drone layers creating a hazy
melancholic landscape slowly unfolding its
beauty. Granular shoegazy tones are building up
in slow-motion recalling the patient yet precise
and complex drone works of Stephan Mathieu,
William Basinski and Machinefabriek's Dauw album.

"A contender for album of the year status in my
opinion; truly engaging and explorative, this is
a refined and immersive work." (Future Sequence)

"Shadow Of Events ist jetzt bereits das Ambient
Album des Jahres 2011!" (Auf Abwegen)

2. LIVE DATES:

ALEXANDER RISHAUG

May 07,  Berlin, O Tannenbaum

BLACK TO COMM

May 14, Saarbrücken, Sparte 4 (w/ Stephan Mathieu, Datashock)
May 25, Köln, Stadtgarten (w/ Larsen)
June 10, Düsseldorf, KIT (EARTH Live Soundtrack)
June 17, Innsbruck (w/ KTL, Fennesz...)
June 24, Schiphorst, (w/ Faust, etc.)

STEPHAN MATHIEU

May 04, Cornwall, UK
May 06, Stoud, UK
May 07, Manchester, UK
May 08, London, UK
May 09, Cambridge, UK
May 14, Saarbrücken, DE (w/ Datashock & Black To Comm)
May 29, Brussels, BE
June 09, Paris, FR

DATASHOCK

May 14, Saarbrücken, DE (w/ Stephan Mathieu & Black To Comm)

3. FORTHCOMING RELEASES:

[051] STEPHAN MATHIEU "To Describe George Washington Bridge" 10"
[053] ALEXANDER RISHAUG "Shadow Of Events" LP
[054] KEITH FULLERTON WHITMAN / ALIEN RADIO Split-LP
[055] ASTRAL SOCIAL CLUB "Generator Breaker" LP
[056] MACHINEFABRIEK & GARETH DAVIES "Ghost Lanes" LP
[057] XELA "The Sublime" LP
[058] SCULPTURE "Toad Blinker" Picture-Disc LP

--
http://www.dekorder.com
http://www.blacktocomm.org