[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #323: 2011.03.20

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Mar 23 05:21:12 EDT 2011

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 1am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 7am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm*
please visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#323: 2011.03.20
*
sorry for the tardiness of this podcast and playlist (yes, i'm sure you
all noticed). this is due to the fact that i am writing you from the
midst of tartu's *worldfilm festival* of ethnographic cinema, where we
organised the opening day seminar on sound in documentary film,
/*contours of sound*/, and where i have now reverted to my usual role as
festival skype-master. what i'm trying to say is, things are a bit
hectic 'round here and the /*framework*/ offices were not able to stay
up that little bit later the last few nights to get all the right files
in all the right places. but anyway. have a look, this is a great place
to be:

http://www.worldfilm.ee/en

meanwhile, the show we did somehow manage to get together is a good one
- finally featuring this wonderful disc from our friends in the *seattle
phonographers union*, along with great sounds from *richard garet*,
*yannick dauby*, and *chris whitehead*. and of course an intro recorded
for us here in estonia by *taavi tatsi*.

and an appeal (aside from the usual appeals for donations and intros,
which, of course, are also still in place: donate! record intros!) - we
are remarkably low on /*framework:afield*/ editions, and we think to
ourselves: how can this be? who, in this community, wouldn't want to
take the opportunity to curate and produce their very own 55 minutes of
top notch field-recording based radio? who wouldn't want to enter their
own names into the annals with those that have already produced editions
of /*framework:afield*/ over the years, to the great accolades of fans
and critics worldwide? so i can only assume that some of you don't know
that you have this opportunity, so i will make it clear: we are always
accepting proposals for editions of our guest curated edition, and the
lines are open! if you have an idea for your own edition, get in touch NOW!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 04:37  /  taavi tatsi  /  framework introduction
/[no web info]/

02:34 - 14:41  /  seattle phonographers union  /  sonarchy: march 17,
2007  / /[s/t]/  /  and/oar, mimeomeme
http://www.seapho.org, http://www.mimeomeme.com, http://www.and-oar.org

08:55 - 33:04  /  richard garet  / /[extract 1]/  /  l'avenir  /  winds
measure recordings
http://www.richardgaret.com, http://www.windsmeasurerecordings.net

12:49 - 30:56  /  yannick dauby  / /[extract 1]/  /  overflows  /  sonoris
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.sonoris.org

21:00 - 28:15  /  chris whitehead  /  100 birthdays  /  100 birthdays
/  electronic musik
http://sonotaphonomy.blogspot.com, http://electronicmusik.wordpress.com

27:13 - 39:01  /  seattle phonographers union  /  chapel performance
space: february 29, 2008  /  [s/t]  /  and/oar, mimeomeme
http://www.seapho.org, http://www.mimeomeme.com, http://www.and-oar.org

34:09 - 42:16  /  chris whitehead  /  duodecimotone  /  100 birthdays
/  electronic musik
http://sonotaphonomy.blogspot.com, http://electronicmusik.wordpress.com

38:47 - 48:49  /  richard garet  / /[extract 2]/  /  l'avenir  /  winds
measure recordings
http://www.richardgaret.com, http://www.windsmeasurerecordings.net

42:38 - 55:53  /  yannick dauby  / /[extract 2]/  /  overflows  /  sonoris
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.sonoris.org

44:24 - 53:58  /  seattle phonographers union  / hollow earth radio:
september 8, 2008  /  [s/t]  /  and/oar, mimeomeme
http://www.seapho.org, http://www.mimeomeme.com, http://www.and-oar.org

49:54 - 57:00  /  chris whitehead  /  pannett  /  100 birthdays  /
electronic musik
http://sonotaphonomy.blogspot.com, http://electronicmusik.wordpress.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!