[microsound-announce] RADIA SHOW: La radio a pedali / Radio on wheels

alessio ballerini alessio at postodellefragole.com
Tue Jul 12 08:43:24 EDT 2011

radia season 26 – show #328 (radio papesse) – LA RADIO A PEDALI by Alessio Ballerini
- playing from july 11 to july 17, 2011 -

Radio Papesse say:
'Radio on wheels' is a participatory project with which Radio Papesse tried to trigger a reflection around the ideas of energy - released by art and culture - and sustainability of both cultural consumption and environmental habits.
...On the occasion of the Nuit Blanche in Florence, last April the 30th, we invited cyclists to join a parade, to bring their own radio and to tune in to Rai Radio 3, that would have aired the live concert at the Maggio Fiorentino Theatre that very night: Beethoven and Liszt interpreted by Daniel Baremboim and the Maggio Fiorentino Orchestra, under the direction of Zubin Mehta.

We invited the sound artist and musician Alessio Ballerini to record the sounds of the parade and the show he has produced for Radia - along with the sound postcard of the ride - is just a bit of the entire and multilayered audio project he is still developing.

http://radia.fm/?p=1267

http://www.alessioballerini.com/ballerini-laradioapedali.html