[microsound-announce] OpenNight and FLOSS Hackday - Sunday 27th Feb @ the Others.

Robert Munro ml at robmunro.net
Wed Feb 16 19:56:00 EST 2011

The next openlab hackday and opennight next Sunday 27th Feb @ the Others (
http://www.theothers.uk.com).

This is Android and general open-source multi-media salon where people can
come along and hack, present works or generally cross-pollenate ideas. So
people developing musical/video/graphics/tech art/etc apps can get together
and have ideas, intents, providers, broadcasts ...

The event in the evening is a freeform event comprising of basically any
music/video/art you can make using at least some open-source software/
Android app.

So the idea is that you can hack away on some instrument/app during the day
and perform with it at night - if you so desire.. Anyone is welcome to come
along and present their projects, or ideas and information as well as
work/hack with yours or other projects.

So if it sounds as good to you as it does to me then maybe you should
consider putting ur name up on the WIKI:
http://www.pawfal.org/openlabwiki/index.php?page=OpenNight

** *12-7 pm: FLOSS & Android Hackday*

The plan at the moment is:

About 12-1p: People who want to can get up and give a brief... outline what
they are working on / looking for.

Then in the rest of the time we can intersperse hacking with presentations
and discussions as and when people are ready. We could fix a time but i
think it might be good to have different breaks during the day.

** *6 or 7pm - 11pm : OpenNight*
Confirmed so far :
Rob Munro
Phil Jones