[microsound-announce] 2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park

Eric Leonardson info at mwsae.org
Sun Dec 18 21:16:17 EST 2011

Greetings. I'd like to forward this announcement from Brad Tuggle,
Residency Program Director with I-Park Foundation, Inc.

All the best,
Eric

Full Version:

    *2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park**

    **Application Deadline: January 30, 2012*

The I-Park Foundation, Inc., a 450-acre natural woodland retreat in East
Haddam, CT (U.S), announces its twelfth season hosting its
multi-disciplinary residency program.  Self-directed artists’
residencies will be offered from May through November 2012, with
off-seasonsessions in April and December.  Most residencies are four
weeks in duration.  Residencies are offered to creative individuals
working in the following disciplines: Visual (including Environmental)
Art, Music Composition/Sound Sculpture/Design, Moving Image, Creative
Writing and Landscape/Garden Design.  Work samples are evaluated through
a competitive, juried process.

A $30 application fee helps defray the cost of the independent jury
panels.  Accepted artists are responsible for their own work materials
as well as transportation to and from the area.  The program is
otherwise offered at no cost to accepted artists, including a basic meal
program where most of, though not all, the food is provided.

Accommodations at I-Park include comfortable private living quarters in
an 1850’s era farmhouse and a private studio space.  An abundance of
tools, equipment, musical instruments and peripherals, site materials,
an electric kiln, wireless internet and library facilities are provided.

International applicants are welcome.  To defray the cost of travel,
four $750.00 grants will be awarded to international artists whose work
is held in particularly high regard by the Grant Committee.

Application materials are available online at
http://www.i-park.org/residency.html.

For more information, contact Brad Tuggle, Residency Program Director,
by e-mail: applications at i-park.org <mailto:applications at i-park.org> or
by phone: 860-873-2468.

Short Version

*2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park, Application Deadline:
January 30, 2012*

I-Park announces its twelfth season hosting its multi-disciplinary
residency program.  Self-directed artists’ residencies will be offered
from May through November 2012. Most sessions are 4-weeks in duration
and are offered to those working in the Visual Arts, Music Composition,
Creative Writing, Moving Image and Landscape/Garden Design. Except for
the $30 application fee, the residency is offered at no cost to accepted
artists and includes comfortable private living quarters, a private
studio and meal program. International applicants are welcome. To defray
the cost of travel, four $750 grants will be awarded in 2012 to
international artists.

For details and to apply, visit http://www.i-park.org/residency.html or
contact the office: applications at i-park.org
<mailto:applications at i-park.org> or 860-873-2468.