[microsound-announce] Very Complimentary - Aria Rostami Review

David Newman dwnewman at clara.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 05:34:19 EDT 2011

Aria Rostami Review:
http://reviews.headphonecommute.com/2011/08/06/sound-bytes-gagarin-aria-rost
ami-and-the-ebertbrothers/

Here's another beautiful and totally unexpected addition to my list of
recently loved albums. Aria Rostami is a San Francisco based musician, sound
installation artist, and firm score composer. I'd be lying if I said that I
was previously familiar with his work, but after listening to Form a few
times, I decided to make an effort to find out more. Thankfully this
independent release is sponsored by Audiomoves
<http://www.audiomoves.com/label.htm> , a digital label and distribution
service brought to you by David Newman (aka Autistici), the man behind
Audiobulb Records, and as such is easily accessible through its professional
seasoned channels. Immediately, during my first listen, I placed Rostami
somewhere between the delicate glitch of Ametsub, deep bass rolls of Murcof
and melancholic piano progressions of Max Richter. Do any of those make any
impact on your psyche? Well, you'll be sure to love Form then! Very
cinematic in nature, rhythmic in structure, and digitally precise in its.
well. form, the album explores the everyday battle of life - its unstable,
unpredictable and fragile nature. Jittery percussion sets the template for
ambient layers and piano chords, rising from the past to augment the
present. Masterfully produced sounds evoke suppressed memories through
haunting melodies, dusty loops, and archived rhythm. On the surface, Form
reflects Rostami's "understanding and appreciation for all things coming to
an end". But what Rostami maybe fails to notice, is that with this debut,
he's off to new beginnings. Easily a contender for our Best of 2011 albums!
Watch out for this one! Highly recommended!

h <http://www.audiomoves.com> ttp://www.audiomoves.com

David Newman

 <http://www.audiomoves.com/> http://www.audiomoves.com | Audiomoves >
Digital audio solutions