[microsound-announce] whetham+morgan - two new releases on con-v

ubeboet ubeboet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:05:41 EDT 2010

hi all,

two new releases on con-v:

CNV63 - SIMON WHETHAM & PAUL KHIMASIA MORGAN - Sanctuary .ep

01 . Sanctuary

- FLAC version
- artwork
- all files .zip
- stream release

recorded 5th february 2010, the cella venue, sanctuary cafe, hove,
brighton, uk.

knowing paul and his work only over the space of a year, i invited him
to perform at an event i organised at the sanctuary cafe, hove,
brighton, as part of the project 'active crossover'. i decided we should
play as a duo, using the format of the events where one artist plays a
short solo set, then is joined by the second artist for a short
collaboration. the first artist then leaves the second to continue
playing their own solo piece.

my thanks to paul, the grey area, arts council england, miguel and the
artists who contributed to the continued success of 'active crossover'.

liner notes by Simon Whetham

CNVR22 - SIMON WHETHAM & PAUL KHIMASIA MORGAN - The Grey Area

format: CD-R (taiyo yuden)
duration: 55 minutes, 1 track
limited to 50 numbered copies

price: 9 euros - shipping included

Recorded 26th february 2010, grey area gallery ,Brighton, U.K..

the live collaboration between paul khimasia morgan and myself,
documented as 'sanctuary' (con-v catalogue number cnv63), was so
successful we decided to record an improvised session together while i
was in brighton. we used the grey area gallery early on a rainy sunday
morning. i employed field recordings, radio transmissions and
electromagnetic signals all captured in the gallery space we recorded
in, working with paul to create something truly beautiful.

my thanks to paul, the grey area, arts council england and miguel.

liner notes by Simon Whetham

http://www.con-v.org