[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #299: 2010.10.03

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Oct 4 13:56:06 EDT 2010

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 2pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 12am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible.  visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here:
http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.  25% of all donations go to
*resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/ would not exist. (if you would
like to donate directly to *resonancefm* please visit their support page
here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#299: 2010.10.03

*look at that number folks - we've barely finished celebrating our 250th
show, and we're already just one away from *#300*!  i guess the
anniversaries roll in fast and hard at one show per week...  so help us
continue for another 50, 100, 200, 500 shows!  if you haven't become a
*/framework/ supporter* already, visit the /*framework*/ website now and
donate!  i'm down to the last 20 or so copies of the /*framework250*/ *
compilations*, so if you want to be sure to get one it's now or never...

meanwhile, this past weekend /*framework*/ was featured at the
/*sound:site*/ festival here in the uk:

http://soundandsite.wordpress.com

it was great fun, and lovely to meet so many people whose presences
we've only been aware of via the intratubes until now:* ian rawes* of
the *london sound survey*, *helen frosi* of london's new *soundfjord
gallery*, even* joe stevens*, who designed our beautiful new website,
and also recorded this week's intro!  if you missed /*sound:site*/,
there's another chance to catch me at south hill park this coming
weekend: i'll be leading a workshop in *field recording and creative
radio* ont he 9th and 10th - come down if you can!

http://www.digitalmediacentre.org/wp/?p=901

this edition featured a few recent mp3 submissions from *aidan deery*
and *louie o'grady*, two recentish cd release from *mark peter wright*
and *dan fröberg*, and a few older cd releases we've been anxiously
waiting to get to from *kim cascone* and *jgrzinich* (who since this
release has reverted to being know by his full name, *john grzinich*).

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:50  /  joe stevens  /  framework intro
http://www.51degreesnorth.net/joe

01:36 - 14:34  /  jgrzinich  /  dispersion trajectory  /  phase
inversion  /  mystery sea
http://maaheli.ee, http://www.mysterysea.net

03:40 - 10:37  /  dan fröberg  / /[title track, extract 1]/  /  at dawn
we all fall down the stairs  /  ideal
http://www.idealrecordings.com

08:41 - 18:55  /  kim cascone  / /[title track, extract 1]/  /
anti-musical celestial forces  /  störung
http://www.anechoicmedia.com, http://www.storung.com

14:28 - 18:20  /  louie o'grady  /  no it's not  /  ihatemusic vol. 4
/  ihatemusic
http://yyyprgfjisgahfgp.wordpress.com,
http://noquam.com/ihatemusic/ihm_comp4

16:45 - 22:10  /  aidan deery  /  do you know where we're going  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/aidanjdeery

21:40 - 33:55  /  dan fröberg  /  hat down wee owl foul drown death
stares  /  at down we all fall down the stairs  /  ideal
http://www.idealrecordings.com

24:23 - 45:22  /  jgrzinich  /  membrane formation  /  phase inversion
/  msytery sea
http://maaheli.ee, http://www.mysterysea.net

33:52 - 41:49  /  mark peter wright  /  23.06.09. wire fence, bach
common  /  inanimate life  /  3 leaves
http://mpwright.wordpress.com, http://3leaves-label.com

39:51 - 50:10  /  kim cascone  / /[title track, extract 2]/  /
anti-musical celestial forces  /  störung
http://www.anechoicmedia.com, http://www.storung.com

44:44 - 55:51  /  dan fröberg  / /[title track, extract 1]/  /  at dawn
we all fall down the stairs  /  ideal
http://www.idealrecordings.com

51:42 - 57:00  /  aidan deery  /  keynotes  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/aidanjdeery

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!