[microsound-announce] May I ask you for a recollection?

Stijn Demeulenaere zztijn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 16:42:33 EST 2010

Dear People,

I am a young sound artist from Belgium, and I'm currently building a
new installation called Soundtracks.

And to build the installation, I need your help.  The idea behind
soundtracks is to build an archive of memories of sound. Memories of
sounds that were important to you, that struck you or stayed with you.
Soundtracks wants to research which kind of sounds get remembered, and
how they are remembered. Can we hear those sounds again in our heads,
or can we only remember the circumstances of the situation; the
outlines, the edges of the sound?
And that’s why I would like to ask you to take a moment and try to
find your recollection of a sound, a sound that was important to you.
And I would want to ask you to write down your memory, on paper. And
if you could send that memoy by post to this address:

Soundtracks
Hopstraat 40
1000 Brussels
Belgium