[microsound-announce] my Mutronics Mutator emulation plugin (max for live)

Robert Rudas dulcettrecords at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 13:14:43 EDT 2010

Here is a max for live implementation of the Mutronics Mutator minus the VCA and add a few UI optimizations. It is also an excellent template for learning how to integrate the powerful open source Csound synth engine into your MAX/MSP or Ableton live projects.

You will need to first install the 32-bit install of Csound (mac installer installs both 64-bit and 32 so you are all set if you are on mac), downloadable here:

http://csounds.com/downloads

or directly linked from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/

You will also need to install the csound extern for MAX/MSP which can be downloaded here (be sure to load up the "float" extern and not the "double"):

http://www.davixology.com/csound~.html

Lastly, you will need to download the Max for live plugin and Csound file I created from here:

http://infinitetransform.com/Mutronics.amxd

http://infinitetransform.com/Mutator.csd

Or Download the two files as a zipped archive here:

http://infinitetransform.com/Mutronics.zip

Be sure to keep these files in the same directory and then drag and drop the .amxd file into which ever synth or audio channel you want in Ableton via the Ableton file browser. FYI only one instance of Csound is allowed per session.

Feel free to post your thoughts and comments on this implementation here:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=286

Cheers,

Robert R.