[microsound-announce] Just Released: RJ Valeo - Atman || Now available from Io Records

rj valeo rjvaleo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 02:34:22 EDT 2010

*Greetings friends, family, and those who may know me as Isomer
Transition... *

  I am very proud to announce the release of
'Atman<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftranselectronic.net%2Fv2%2F%3Fp%3D457>',
a full-length studio album I have just released as RJ Valeo on my own
imprint, Io Records<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.io-records.com>.
Utilizing hardware synths and drum machines, as well as studio musicians
(real people playing real instruments) and field recordings, Atman's
compositions cover a wide range of styles and genres from modern minimalist
grooves to techno-inspired beat driven. Instead of trying to describe it in
detail I figured it would be better to let some other people speak about it.

"Good electronic music is definitely hard to find these days - and the kind
of glacial precision RJ Valeo puts into his work makes his just about as
good as it gets. 'Atman' is purist, analogue synthesizer fetishism but
composed with valeo's keen ear for sound design and texture, and most
importantly his head for serious grinding rhythms. Don't even think of
missing out."

*-- John (Xela)
Twells<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Flearnwithxela.wordpress.com%2F>,
Owner Type Records<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftyperecords.com%2F>
*

"... The sheer quality of sound and all the creative details that have gone
into shaping the album are on show for all to hear, and Atman certainly
makes absorbing usage of cutting edge technology, surfing through pristine
drones on the introductory 'Chasm', before warping guitars and bowed strings
out of shape for the cinematic follow-up 'Safe Harbour'. There's a sudden
directional shift for the ace rhythmic track, 'Through The Noise', which has
a close run-in with the sort of immaculate glitch sounds you'd hear on
Raster Noton. Opening up a little, 'The Whole Truth' and 'Richter Scale 6'
launch into a kind of abstract techno mould, reminding you that Valeo is
also an accomplished dancefloor producer under his Isomer Transition guise.
There are more great beats towards the end of the album too, all breathing
life into ear-cleansing, panoramic soundscapes - each [composition] using
every nook and corner of the mix for great headphone listening. First class
electronica from this seasoned and inventive producer."

*-- Boomkat, Online Music
Retailer<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboomkat.com%2F>
*

*Please listen to Atman on
soundcloud<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Frjvaleo%2Fsets%2Frj-valeo-atman>,
and purchase a copy at one of these fine digital retailers.*
<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Falbum%2Fatman%2Fid380110628>

*iTunes<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Falbum%2Fatman%2Fid380110628>|
Amazon<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FAtman%2Fdp%2FB003UAE49U%2Fref%3Ddm_ap_alb1>|
Emusic<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.emusic.com%2Falbum%2FRJ-Valeo-Atman-MP3-Download%2F12006366.html>|
Beatport<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.beatport.com%2Fen-US%2Fhtml%2Fcontent%2Frelease%2Fdetail%2F259017%2Fatman>|
Boomkat<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboomkat.com%2Fdownloads%2F316768-rj-valeo-atman>
*

Also, if you can spare a mouse click or two, please 'like' my artist page
over on Facebook<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FRJ-Valeo%2F9641394379>,
follow me on twitter<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Ftron2147>,
and visit transelectronic.net<http://app.emailtransmit.com/util/clickthrough.php?a_i=4054566&t_i=56934&t=o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.transelectronic.net%2Fv2%2F>.
A little clickity-click really goes a long way to show artists that you
appreciate and support what they are doing.

Thanks so much for your ever-so-valuable time (and mouse clicks)!

All the best,

RJ Valeo a/k/a Isomer Transitio