[microsound-announce] v.a.-BPM75 | new online compilation on con-v

ubeboet ubeboet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:24:31 EDT 2010

Hi All,

brand new online release on con-v by the Paris based acousmatic
collective BPM75.

http://www.con-v.org/cnv60.html

v.a. - BPM75

01 . ESTEBAN ANAVITARTE - Otom-A
02 . HUBERT MICHEL - Salle De Bain
03 . JOAN BAGES i RUBI - Deux Poissons Electroniques
04 . PABLO FREDES - Sonatisse
05 . OLIVER RAPPOPORT - Identitees
06 . MIRTRU ESCALONA-MIJARES - Sur Le Chemin De La Brume
07 . ADOLFO KAPLAN - La Sombra Del Sonido

- FLAC version
- artwork
- all files .zip
- stream release

BPM75
www.bpm75.net

Collective of musicians and composers living in Paris. Acousmatic art
and contemporary music. Open to multidisciplinary activities and non
conventional concerts. Our objectif : a research of news way to involve
public and artistes. Our principe : generate a deeply relations between
body, thoughts and spirit from sounds activities. Our dogma : Art is not
an discipline, is a way to percept and to enlarged our conscience of
reality.

Oliver Rappoport - Identités

The title inspires in the different faces that the individual has had
through all his existence. Going to the expansion or the personal
deterioration. For this reason one can notice that there are not a great
climatic moment but several parts and coats rescheduled to places that
are not clearly definite. But all this succeeds with a great discursive
coherence, a great work of orchestration and a linking sound in constant
transformation.

Adolfo Kaplan - La Sombra del Sonido

Around each complex sound, one will have sounds whose complexity dépends
on the wealth of harmonic of the generating sounds, the sound, the sound
has a shade. The pièce « la sombra del sonido » is composed by a series
of experiments, that mix résonant sound bodies and various résonances of
synthesis. The used of several types of synthesis allowed me to show the
similarities betxeen acoustic and electronic sources. In some cases
givin importance to the natural aspects of the sound évents (especially
by the control of vibrato and tremolo velocities), and by the combines
processes used in instrumental whriting and concrete music opérations.

Joan Bagés i Rubi - Deux Poissons Japonais Electroniques

A work that delas with de fluid. An interpersonal landscape where any
action is trnasformed into an enregizing torrent. The landscape of small
surrealist aquarium where acoustic and electronic sounds live together
is a metaphor to adress the decanting of enregy, addictions,
relations... The work's original sounds arise from guitar, electronic,
and eprcussion sounds. The main processing realised was harmonization
and texturazation of sounds with Reaktor to create fluid sequences that
are related to each others. At the same time, a MAX/MSP patch controled
by Bagés allowed him load the GRM-Tools and to work on sounds with a
MIDI controller-Keyboard to be able to articulate sounds and print a
certain level of movement on them. This work was composed thanks to the
2007 Generalitat de Catalunya Scholarship.

Pablo Fredes - Sonatisse

Beads made in 2004.This piece belongs of a trilogy of pieces that
contrasts and complements trying to build in various types of sources:
from the anecdotal to electronics, from the electronic to the natural,
since as to what award-acousmatic, etc.This especially is a tonal
(tímbrica) structure of electronic sounds with some inserts and inlays
of natural sounds perfectly award-ear. A compositional level verticalize
ago trying different durations and evolution of sound layers, all at
different times of the general time of the piece: something I call
"temporal fractal figures."

Hubert Michel - Salle de bain

«Salle de bain mean Bathroom» in English. This music is a part of a
sound fresco call "appartement " (flat). Originally, it' a study for the
choreographic company "Etant donné" (Rouen-France). The aquatic subjects
were principally treated on rhythmic point of view. The length of Salle
de bain is about the same time you have a shower. The mean idea is to
listen to freshness you fell when you wash your body.

Mirtru Escalona Mijares - Sur le Chemin de la Brume. Cotidiana # 1 -
Dedicated to Christine Groult

The piece owes its name to a study on intuition in musical form. That is
to say, that I have decided to beguin without any pre-established form
and to craft and imagine as I composed the work. Leaving, in this way,
the most important place to intuition without losing from sight the aim
of a coherent form.This piece belongs to a cycle of works which I set
out from material form our daily environnement used as a poetical source
by means of electroacoustic and concrete tools. The principal source of
sound for this piece are the sounds produced by a washing machine. "Sur
le Chemin de la Brume" released in Pentemont's Baroque Temple by
Jonathan Prager, in October 2003. Paris-France.

Esteban Anavitarte - Otom-A

<< La migration inévitable, les successives désintégrations
  des espaces habitables / la trace humaine silencieuse et
  visible / le quotidien imperturbable, l'illusoire et fragile confort
de notre espace immédiat et familial / la conséquence impitoyable
de la mort >>.

www.con-v.org