[microsound-announce] murmerings 2009.09 ::: northeastern USA

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Tue Sep 15 04:31:44 EDT 2009

murmerings 2009.09 ::: northeastern USA

time again for a (very irregular) update on my upcoming activities. i'll
be arriving thursday in boston for a 6 week stint in the states, which
will involve a handful of gigs, one or two workshops, and a few
lectures. it all starts with a homecoming gig - last year i discovered
that a certain gentleman has begun organising gigs of experimental /
improvised / generally odd music in the town where i was born,
wilkes-barre, pennsylvania. and what's more, it turns out he organises
them in the same church hall where my mother used to organise hippy film
screenings in her college days in the 70's. perhaps the roles never
change, just the faces...

so - a first visit for some activities in pennsylvania precedes a small
tour of the northeast with jim haynes (visiting from san francisco) and
brendan murray (native of boston), with gigs in boston, nyc, philly, and
washington dc. the tour will end with a 2nd visit to new york city,
where i'll be giving a one day version of the revenant:sound workshop
(developed with john grzinich and max shentelevs) at issue project room,
and will be finishing my u.s. visit with one last performance at the
free103.9 radio festival. please do drop by and say hello in you're in
any of these spots!

======================

ron stabinsky presents:
revenant:sound workshop

st stephen's episcopal church
35 south franklin street ::: wilkes-barre, PA
sunday, september 27, 2pm
voluntary donation
http://www.ststephenswb.org

======================

ron stabinsky presents:
murmer ::: other acts tba

st stephen's episcopal church
35 south franklin street ::: wilkes-barre, PA
sunday, september 27, 8pm
voluntary donation
http://www.ststephenswb.org

======================

muhlenberg college presents:
murmer

muhlenberg college
baker center for the arts ::: allentown, PA
wednesday, september 30, 4:30pm
free admission
http://www.muhlenberg.edu

======================

intransitive recordings presents:
murmer ::: jim haynes

axiom art
141 green street ::: boston, MA
thursday, october 15, 9pm
$8
http://www.intransitiverecordings.com
http://www.axiomart.org

======================

experimental intermedia presents:
murmer ::: jim haynes ::: brendan murray

experimental intermedia
224 centre street at grand, third floor ::: new york, NY
friday, october 16, 9pm
$4.99
http://www.experimentalintermedia.org

======================

philly sound forum presents:
murmer & jim haynes ::: brendan murray & richard garet ::: more tba

vox populi gallery
319 n. 11th street, third floor ::: philadelphia, PA
saturday, october 17
http://www.phillysoundforum.org
http://www.voxpopuligallery.org

======================

sonic circuits presents:
murmer ::: jim haynes ::: brendan murray :: nicholas szczepanik

pyramid atlantic
8230 georgia ave ::: silver spring, MD
sunday, october 18, 7pm
$7
http://dc-soniccircuits.org

======================

issue project room presents:
revenant:sound workshop

the can factory
230 3rd st at 3rd ave ::: brooklyn, NY
wednesday, october 21, 1pm
$25
http://www.issueprojectroom.org

======================

free 103.9 radio festival presents:
murmer ::: rise set twilight ::: radio wonderland

ontological theater, st mark's church
131 e. 10th street ::: new york city, NY
friday, october 23, 8pm
$7-$10
http://www.free103point9.org
http://www.ontological.com