[microsound-announce] An important message from one of our friends

Dimitri Condax dcondax at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:30:02 EDT 2009

Catherine Skinner sent a message to the members of Soundstreams Canada.

--------------------
Subject: An important message from one of our friends

Hello everyone,

Please read the following message from Jean-Francois Denis of DIFFUSION MeDIA:

Canadan Heritage has renewed the Canada Music Funds (CMF) for 5 years
- that is good news -- but this new CMF no longer includes the Music
Diversity Component that was funding -- via the Canada Council for the
Arts --  the produciton and the distribution of experimental music,
electroacoustic music, and more.

Following several steps taken by the Conseil québécois de la musique
(CQM) during the past two weeks, the CQM was invited to testify the
importance of these two grants programmes at a parliamentary session
in Ottawa around October 22.

I thus ask you to participate in 3 actions  this week (October 12)...

1- I am inviting you to read the CQM Declaration

-- http://www.facebook.com/l/6f837;www.cqm.qc.ca/113/Action.html -- and to

email the CQM to add you name to the list of

signatures --
mailto:projets at cqm.qc.ca?subject=AppuiDeclarationduCQM
<projets at cqm.qc.ca?subject=AppuiDeclarationduCQM>.

2- I am inviting you to write a paper letter and

to mail it --  it is free to mail to the Canadian

government -- to the Canadian Heritage minister

with carbon copies -- with stamps this time -- to

both the Canada Council for the Arts and to the

CQM -- see the second part of the web page
http://www.facebook.com/l/6f837;www.cqm.qc.ca/113/Action.html It is

important to customize this form letter by

providing, for example, the list of discs

directly or indirectly produced with support from

these grants, and the impact these discs have had

on your carrerr so far.

3- Finally there is a parallel petition (in

English) that you may want to sign --
http://www.facebook.com/l/6f837;www.petitiononline.com/a6y3L9eR/

Jean-François

--

   . . . . . . . . . .

   .

   . Jean-Francois Denis

   . DIFFUSION i MeDIA - empreintes DIGITALes - No Type

   . jfd @ http://www.facebook.com/l/6f837;electrocd.com -
http://www.facebook.com/l/6f837;www.electrocd.com/

   . 4580, avenue de Lorimier - Montreal, QC H2H 2B5 - CANADA

   .

To reply to this message, follow the link
below:http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1178529709032&mid=141b2f1G2ce897c0G750f9a8G0

___
This message was intended for eldad at yaeldad.com. Want to control which
emails you receive from Facebook? Go