[microsound-announce] //EXP.NEW | new release by Shinobu Nemoto and new mailorder titles

Jeremy Bible experimedia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:34:03 EDT 2009

//THANK:YOU

Usually I end with a thank you but thought I would start with it this
time. Just wanted to take a moment to thank you all very much for your
support and taking the time to read our newsletters. Please help
spread the word about Experimedia. Every little bit helps us bring you
great music/art.  Ill get some stickers going here soon and start
throwing some in with orders.

Also a little insight to whats behind Experimedia. 100% of Experimedia
is operated by myself with only the kind assistance and support of my
family and great friend/artist Jason Henry (and all our artists of
course too). And like most people working in this community I myself
have a full time day job and a family. This is strictly an operation
of passion and over the years like many of you I have put way more
into it financially than I have received, and that is ok! I am and
always will be dedicated to the music/art and all the wonderful
beautiful people who contribute to this community.  Getting music by
wonderful artists to your wonderful ears is what we're all about.

Also please send us your comments, suggestions, labels/artists you
would like to see us stock, things you love or hate about the site.

Next year is Experimedia's 10 year anniversary and I hope to do some
special things/promos/releases that I am pretty excited about.
Hopefully you will be too.

Ok on with the news!

//NEW.RELEASE

SHINOBU NEMOTO.IMPROVISATIONS #1 (expcd009)
An epic album by Japanese artist Shinobu Nemoto, Improvisations #1
showcases Shinobu's ability to create beautiful and interesting sonic
textures using minimal means.	Using only an electric guitar, stomp
boxes, and recording to a 4-track with no overdubs Improvisations #1
delivers 5 massive pieces.  Recorded in January of 2009 each piece
initially soft and subtle build and layer gradually into powerful and
intense guitar noise drones.
Here for full details, samples, and ordering:
http://experimedia.net
Orders include immediate bonus downloads of the album in highest
quality MP3 and/or lossless FLAC formats so that you may begin to
enjoy the album before your package arrives.

Also we still have limited copies available of our recent release by
Ian Hawgood, and Sylvie Walder.

//NEW.MAILORDER

NEW.THE LAND OF
darren mcclure – softened edges
offthesky – creek caught fire
billy gomberg – days
haruki – to a humble nest

NEW.HIBERNATE
porzellan – the fourth level of comprehension
chihei hatakeyama – the river

NEW.AUFABWEGEN
rhodri davies > gregory buttner – 3 harp treatments
carl michael von hausswolff – perhaps i arrive (2cd)
kknull / john wiese – mondo paradoxa
asmus tietchens – eine menge papier

NEW.AUDIOBULB
various – birmingham sound matter

NEW.MATERNITY
halogen – baked

//NEWS:FEEDS

Main rss news feed: http://www.experimedia.net/blog/?feed=rss2
Micro news feed (we post extra little interesting news here):
http://twitter.com/experimedia

//OTHER:NETS

http://www.facebook.com/pages/experimedia/57596607176
http://myspace.com/experimedia
http://www.last.fm/label/experimedia

//EXP:SOON

expcd010 - offthesky + billy gomberg - flyover sound (oct)
expcd011 - ryonkt - small conversations (nov)

Jeremy Bible
Experimedia - record label + mailorder shop + a/v arts (est.2000)