[microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 10.05.09

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon May 11 14:03:04 EDT 2009

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
    - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - tuesday, 12pm, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
    - thursdays, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - fridays, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
    - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio* 102.5fm
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:  http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
<http://www.resonancefm.com/framework>*
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

with this edition we welcome two new stations into the /*framework*/
fold: *cooradio*, based in thessaloniki, greece, and *soundartradio
102.5fm*, based in south devon, uk.  links to their respective sites
above.  /*framework*/ has also now become part of the official
*resonancefm* podcast feed, going out to over 700 subscribers.  so the
show is now being heard by more folks than ever, and we're keen to take
it further still - if you know any independent radio stations (web or
fm) that might be interested in adding framework to their regular
broadcast schedules, please let us know!

a gritty, watery, woody show this week, from *eric cordier* and *denis
tricot*'s giant /*orgue de bois*/ (wooden organ) construction, built in
public spaces as a giant installation and played by the artists and the
audience alike, to *giancarlo toniutti*'s piece described as a
'sound-field for rattle-harp', an instrument built from found elements
such as drift metal, string, wire, bells, bones and wood.  we also heard
*scott sherk*'s collection of sounds from iceland, *emmanuel mieville*'s
compositions using sounds from the very river that passes my small
village here in northeastern france (the andelle), *rj valeo*'s
process-based field-recording deconstructions, *michael trommer*'s
delicate tones, and *meri von kleinsmid*'s textural bursts.

and the semi-regular plea:  i need intros folks!  if you've been waiting
for the perfect moment to record a /*framework*/ introduction, now is
the time!  your work will be heard by more listeners then ever, and the
kudos will be great.  so get out there and record me some intros!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

info at frameworkradio.net <mailto:info at frameworkradio.net>

*10.05.09*

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)

*00:00 - 04:14  /  barbara wilding  /  framework introduction
http://www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/wildingbio.html

02:29 - 03:29  /  scott sherk  /  /[track 1]/  /   iceland air  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

03:01 - 12:13  /  emmanuel mieville  /  /[track 1]/  /  les flux
rouillés  /  -
http://emieville.free.fr

05:26 - 16:39  /  denis tricot & eric cordier  /  le jardin de l'ile  /
orgue de bois  /  prele
http://www.denis-tricot.com/-orgue-de-bois-.html,
http://www.prelerecords.net

12:13 - 15:23  /  rj valeo  /  construct 05  /  devolution sessions  /
io records
http://www.io-records.com

13:19 - 27:50  /  giancarlo toniutti  /  /[excerpt 1]/  /
qwalsamtimutkw?italuc'ik  /  alluvial
http://www.quasi-rn.org, http://www.alluvialrecordings.com

20:01 - 22:37  /  scott sherk  /  /[track 2]/  /   iceland air  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

22:21 - 29:34  /  michael trommer  /  february lakes  /  tree line  /
serein
http://www.serein.co.uk

24:48 - 35:36  /  rj valeo  /  construct 21  /  devolution sessions  /
io records
http://www.io-records.com

30:17 - 36:00  /  meri von kleinsmid  /  pne  /  -  /  -
http://www.merivonkleinsmid.net

35:41 - 37:07  /  scott sherk  /  /[track 4]/  /   iceland air  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

36:42 - 51:39  /  emmanuel mieville  /  /[track 2]/  /  les flux
rouillés  /  -
http://emieville.free.fr

41:59 - 49:15  /  michael trommer  /  flouro park  /  tree line  /  serein
http://www.serein.co.uk

46:06 - 48:13  /  scott sherk  /  /[track 5]/  /   iceland air  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

46:29 - 54:52  /  giancarlo toniutt  /  /[excerpt 2]/  /
qwalsamtimutkw?italuc'ik  /  alluvial
http://www.quasi-rn.org, http://www.alluvialrecordings.com

49:42 - 55:43  /  denis tricot & eric cordier  /  orgue de terre /[part
one]/  /  orgue de bois  /  prele
http://www.denis-tricot.com/-orgue-de-bois-.html,
http://www.prelerecords.net

51:39 - 56:02  /  rj valeo  /  construct 22  /  devolution sessions  /
io records
http://www.io-records.com

55:05 - 57:00  /  scott sherk  /  /[track 12]/  /   iceland air  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!

**/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!]/*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!