[microsound-announce] Blank Pages Berlin - search for a place

matohawk matohawk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:19:40 EDT 2009

Hello Pd-user,

We are Thomas Thiery and Pierce Warnecke and we are coming to Berlin in
september (3 - 7) for gigs and for the project Blank Pages.

We have a projet called Blank Pages (see bellow for details) and we
would like to organize a session on sunday the 6 of september in Berlin.
We are looking for a place in Berlin and once thats done we'll recruit
participants. If you are interested by the project and think you can
spare some time/info to help us to find a place that would really be great.

Thanks in advance!

For more information :
www.blankpages.fr <http://www.blankpages.fr>

  The project, "Blank Pages" or "Pages Blanches"

This project is based on a score that leads to the meeting and the
improvisation of musicians, video artists and programmers (Max/MSP,
Puredata).

The "Blank pages" score, describes the situation in 4 points: 1- Each
participant has to use one of the two programming language written by
Miller Puckette, Pure Data or Max/MSP. 2- The session length is fixed to
60 min. 3- Participants need to start a session with an empty
programming page. 4- It is strictly forbidden to load or recall any
program during the session.

Each participant has a computer and one of the mentioned applications,
and elaborates a program that will make sound and/or video. Max/MSP and
Pure Data programming languages permit to write and modify applications
in a live situation, while continuing to work on the application itself,
therefore one can code and immediately listen to this code result. There
are no links between the computers, the participants have to listen and
watch the others in order to play together. With the score and the four
instructions, the listening is stimulated, and the quality of the
audio-visual production becomes everyone's responsibility.

Cheers Thomas and Pierce