[microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 07.19.09

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jul 20 07:52:37 EDT 2009

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
    - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - tuesday, 2pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - wednesday, 12am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
    - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
    - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:  http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible.  visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.murmerings.com/donate.  25%
of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/ would
not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm* please
visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)

*07.19.09

*our last regular edition before our august holidays - we've got one
more edition of /*framework:afield*/ coming up for you next week (the
2nd part of *france jobin*'s */my favorite things/*), and then we'll be
airing some archive shows while we take a much needed break.  next week
we'll let you know which editions we'll be airing so you can check the
playlist archive for details while we're away.  those dates will also be
up on the website.

this edition featured some new unreleased material, and some sort-of-new
free downloadable material.  *idle quietist* (uk), *olga palomäki* (fi)
and *maria balabas* (ro) all treated us to some of their unreleased
work, while *jgrzinich* (ee) released some of his own archive material
as free mp3s on his own *maaheli editions*.  we also heard some new work
by *mathieu ruhlmann*, and a first contribution to the show from
canadian artist and designer *ambrose pottie*, in the form of  a
/*framework*/ introduction.  hopefully there will be more coming from
him in the future.

and just before we disappear for our summer holidays, i would like to
point out a little detail that we're rather excited about:  both
*resonancefm* and /*framework*/ turned 7 this past summer, and, doing
some late-night math recently, we have realised that we will soon be
airing our *250th (!) edition* of the show!  so we are now planning just
how we will be celebrating this event.  i don't want to give it away,
but suffice it to say it already involves upwards of 20 artists who have
been instrumental in making /*framework*/ what is it today, and it will
involve lots of great sounds entering your ears.

meanwhile i would also like to say thank you to the listeners who have
decided to become regular or one-time *framework donors*.  we really
need your support, and we really appreciate these efforts on your part.
you will notice that i have added a list of donors with links to their
projects/websites/myspaces/whatever to the /*framework*/ website, so go
have a look and see who our supporters are, or become one yourself.
let's make another 250 editions possible.  as always, 25% of your
donation goes directly to *resonancefm*...

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:00  /  ambrose pottie  /  framework introduction
/[no web info]/

01:31 - 05:45  /  maria balabas  /  cararuie cu /[extract 1]/  /  -  /  -
http://vorbas.blogspot.com, http://dimineatacrossover.blogspot.com

01:52 - 12:32  /  jgrzinich  /  ignition  /  time's arrow landing  /
maaheli editions
http://maaheli.ee

08:13 - 21:31  /  idle quietist  /  snow  /  -  /  -
http://www.idlequietist.wordpress.com

15:37 - 24:54  /  mathieu ruhlmann  /  /[track 4]/  /  fourteen worms
for victor hugo  /  gears of sand
http://www.gearsofsand.net, http://www.woodenspinebox.com

22:02 - 30:11  /  olga palomäki  /  raging spirits  /  -  /  -
/[no web info]/

25:48 - 37:36  /  jgrzinich  /  what is written in the clouds  /  time's
arrow landing  /  maaheli editions
http://maaheli.ee

29:18 - 37:37  /  maria balabas  /  cararuie cu /[extract 2]/  /  -  /  -
http://vorbas.blogspot.com, http://dimineatacrossover.blogspot.com

35:41 - 44:41  /  mathieu ruhlmann  /  /[track 1]/  /  fourteen worms
for victor hugo  /  gears of sand
http://www.gearsofsand.net, http://www.woodenspinebox.com

40:03 - 51:47  /  idle quietist  /  thaw  /  -  /  -
http://www.idlequietist.wordpress.com

41:12 - 53:38  /  jgrzinich  /  hollow drain  /  time's arrow landing
/  maaheli editions
http://maaheli.ee

48:05 - 53:37  /  mathieu ruhlmann  /  /[track 7]/  /  fourteen worms
for victor hugo  /  gears of sand
http://www.gearsofsand.net, http://www.woodenspinebox.com

51:17 - 57:00  /  maria balabas  /  cararuie cu /[extract 3]/  /  -  /  -
http://vorbas.blogspot.com, http://dimineatacrossover.blogspot.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!