[microsound-announce] New work: ANTLERS WIFI

ben owen benmowen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:17:11 EST 2009

i find that looking at people's use of the internet compelling in a
way that doesn't happen after spending a few hours
in FB or MS. the project for free mentality is the beauty of the
network and has been a way for years that i've met
people via screen. didn't mean to start a vs. situation - just that
it's a relief to see projects where people are spending
time using this medium slightly outside where most of where i see the
perifferial attention is being focused today.

there was a point where mailing lists where/are social networks,
though they included an engaged exchange of work and ideas.
these networks created a creative space for me and now my challenge
in FB is to perfect the haiku. not a bad thing..
though not an activity i spend much time with, i guess i prefer the
context and environment basho and issa where presenting.

as the evolution happens, keep up the great works!

ben