[microsound-announce] new release ::: Strings Of Consciousness & Angel

Philippe Petit philippe-petit at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 21 05:00:26 EST 2009

hope you are prepairing to enjoy a nice WE
wanted to let you know that we have uploaded EXTRACTS from the 2 songs
that are on our new release:

Strings Of Consciousness & Angel

CD on Important
http://www.importantrecords.com/

180g. vinyl on Conspiracy
http://www.conspiracyrecords.com

2 songs

#1... 22:03 ...
#2... 18:43 ...

pleayed by:

Hildur Gudnadottir (Cello)

Dirk Urlich Dresselhaus (Oscillator & Effects)

Ilpo Vaisänen (electronics)

Hervé Vincenti (guitar/effects)

Philippe Petit (electronics)

Raphaelle Rinaudo (harp)

Nicolas Dick (guitar)

Pierre Fenichel (double bass)

Mark Beazley (bass)

Perceval Bellone (accordion + tibetan bowls)

SELECTED EXTRACTS from the first reviews:

...The constant combining and recombiningof acoustic and electronic
elements throwsup an infinitesimally detailed and often fascinating
field of sound... the effect isa bit like burying a razorblade in a
cupcake...
Alan Cummings in The Wire 301
www.thewire.co.uk

... By the end of the record I feel purged and uplifted, as if I had
passed through a storm while making a pilgrimage to the temple of sound.
Justin Patrick in Brainwashed
http://brainwashed.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7325&Itemid=1

http://www.myspace.com/stringsofconsciousness
http://www.stringsofconsciousness.info/