[microsound-announce] Pioneers of Electronic Music

christopher jette christopherjette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:15:59 EST 2009

Greetings All,

For those of you in the vicinity of Santa Barbara we will have a 3 day mini
festival featuring lectures and the music of Jean-Claude Risset, Max
Mathews, John Chowning, Curtis Roads, Clarence Barlow and JoAnn
Kuchera-Morin this coming weekend.

All events are free and open to the public. Here is the schedule.  ::

*Friday Feb 20 2009*

*Evening Concert (7PM) Lotte Lehmann Hall*

Kuchera-Morin : Aquaforms 7 min
Risset : Sud  -- quadrophonic  - 10 min
Mathews : Tensor Love Phasered  - 6 min
Chowning : Phoné -  14 min
Roads : Touche pas - 5 min
*
Saturday Feb 21 2009*

*Afternoon Lectures (2PM, lasting 2 hours total) Geiringer Hall*
Lecture One : Mathews "Phaser Filters and Their Use to Modify Timbres"
Lecture Two : Chowning "Roots and Amplifers"

*Evening Concert (7PM) Lotte Lehmann Hall*

Chowning : Stria (w/ projection) - 16:30 min
Roads : Sculptor (w/ projection) - 5 min
Risset : Mutations (w/ projection) - 7 min
Mathews : Chowning Phasered - 3 min
Barlow Approximating PI  - 8 min
Risset : Duet for One Pianist  - player piano with computer and human
control -15 min

*Sunday Feb 22 2009*

*Afternoon Lectures (2PM, lasting 2 hours total) Geiringer Hall*
Lecture One : Risset : "My use of the computer to make music : synthesis,
processing, mixed works and real-time interaction."
Lecture Two :ROUNDTABLE :: Pioneers of Electronic Music, observations on the
development and personal perspectives. Barlow (chair), Chowning,
Kuchera-Morin, Mathews, Risset, Roads.

*Evening Concert (7PM) Lotte Lehmann Hall*

Kuchera-Morin : timeandagain  -- multi modal music stand- 7min
Barlow : Sinophony II - 25 min
Risset : Resonant Spaces - 15 min
Roads : Pictor Alpha  - 5 min
Chowning : Turenas -  8 min