[microsound-announce] Call for field recordings

Roger Mills roger at eartrumpet.org
Fri Feb 6 21:39:11 EST 2009

Hi List,
Last week I posted a request for submissions of field recordings from
the southern Hemisphere for a galley installation I have in Newcastle
Australia in a couple of weeks. See below...

I would like to thank all that have sent me recordings but I would
also like to renew the call again for recordings that are made
particularly outside of the major Australian cities which I now have
many.

I am know looking for recordings from Australian interior, Brazil,
Uruguay, Chile, southern Africa, Indonesia, New Zealand, Antarctica.

All artists will be credited in accompanying literature and on screen.
--
Roger Mills
http://www.eartrumpet.org

http://ethernetorchestra.netpraxis.net

M: 0403 414495

--------------------
ORIGINAL CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

Hi everyone,

I am working on a series of compositions for a radio project entitled
Idea of South. With a healthy nod to the seminal Canadian composer and
pianist Glenn Gould, I want to use the mediums of radio and audio file
download to create the opportunity for multi layered indeterminate
listening based on what it is to live in the south.

I am requesting 2 minute audio snapshots of locations in the southern
Hemisphere which will be compiled and edited into a larger body of
work for radio. I also ask for your locations latitude, and longitude
co-ordinates, which will form the contour of an indeterminate tonal
composition.

The work will be exhibited as part of a sound installation at Loop
Gallery, Newcastle, Australia in February 2009 and the final radio
program will be aired in July .The recording and accompanying
downloads will also be released as a hard copy album later in the year.

If you live in the southern hemisphere and would like to participate,
please record a segment (no longer than 2 minutes) of a location of
your choice, detailing the latitude and longitude of the location.
Please also include any other information such as day, time, season,
emotional relation to location and contact details.

All contributors will be credited and by submitting recordings i
assume your permission to use the material in the manner outlined,
under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0.

Please upload stereo wavs or high quality  (320k) mps to roger AT
eartrumpet [dot] org via ftp http://www.yousendit.com. For those with
access to a server I am happy to download from them.

Thanks