[microsound-announce] New Release | two | Ben Owen | Gruenrekorder

Lasse-Marc Riek lasseart at gmx.de
Wed Dec 16 06:12:57 EST 2009

two | Ben Owen

a friend once commented how many of my recordings are from a perspective
up close. for me it is this perspective that I return to and find is
important, an audible view of a situation - in this case a continuous
event - that is not readily audible, or at least is greatly enhanced
through amplification from the contact mic surface. for this release
movement of water in two forms become the basis of exploration. one
active one passive. each revealing some inherent noise, compression, hum
and tension of existence.

[listen]
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=1341

1. soft magnetic se 00´40
2. n2 - tide 07´23
3. atlantic jetty - s n-1 07´20
4. atlantic jetty - s n-2 03´26
5. gowanus-1 10´01
6. gowanus-2 09´50

1-4 recorded on the coast of jacob riis park, far rockaway, queens ny.
20060910
5-6 recorded from the carroll street bridge, gowanus canal, brooklyn ny.
20060911

[order]
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/shop/#Gr_070

[Ben Owen]
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=280

6 Tracks (38´49)
CD-R (50 copies)
(c) Artwork / Audio / Photos by Ben Owen

Field Recording Series by Gruenrekorder
Gruenrekorder / Germany / 2009 / Gr 070 / LC 09488

Gruenrekorder Bundle:
Buy any 5 CD / CD-R releases for 50 Euro (shipping incl.)
Order via our shop and we will contact you back.
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/shop/

HAPPY NEW YEAR and LOVE

the gruenrekorders.