[microsound-announce] NEW 1000FUSSLER RELEASES: RUI COSTA / SIMON WHETHAM

gregory buettner gregorybuettner at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 10:57:46 EDT 2009

Hello!
Two new Releases are out now!

Best wishes,
1000füssler / Gregory Büttner
http://www.1000fussler.com

NEW !!!!

RUI COSTA
Sight seeing For The Blind
CD, (56:20 min), 300 copies, cardboard cover
© 2009 / 1000füssler 012, Release Date: August 2009

Tracklist:
Rui Costa: Sight seeing For The Blind, 26‘22

further Sightings
Gregory Büttner: Side Play for Blinds, 5‘43
Pali Meursault: Hidden Insights, 5‘08
Bill Jarboe: Sightseeing joint sdif 2’, 3‘58
Maile Colbert: Site Sighing for the Time, 5‘01
Marc Behrens: Site for a Numb, 9‘54

“The idea for the piece first came to me in 2005, when I was invited to
develop a sound project with the city of Lisbon as its theme. I decided to
wander through the city, making a series of sound recordings using a pair of
binaural microphones. What I concluded from these recordings was that, more
than capturing the sound of the place or its “atmosphere”, they reflected a
lot about me: my decisions of where to go, what places to avoid, how fast to
walk, how long to linger in one place… preconceived ideas of what I wanted
to be captured on tape.
Later I followed up on this idea by introducing an element of “sonic
sightseeing”. I grabbed a tourist guide of Lisbon, walked along the
recommended hiking routes and made recordings with binaural and shotgun
microphones. I wrote down my impressions, states of mind, mental
associations and decisions and then mapped the recorded sounds against these
notes, considering them as “instructions” or “cues” for a sound composition.
I suppose that the experience that tourists get from a city is in great
measure determined by the randomness of these almost unconscious
impressions, of a permanent mapping out of what they see against their
desires, preconceived ideas, memories, etc. All in all, my intention was to
convert this process into a method for sound composition using field
recordings.”
more info: http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/releases.html
please listen:
http://www.1000fussler.com/music/Sightseeing_For_the_Blind_excerpt.mp3

NEW !!!!

SIMON WHETHAM
D/R
CDR, (47:30 min), 100 copies, digipak cover
© 2009 / 1000füssler 013, Release Date: August 2009

Tracklist:
Tallinn 27‘37
Decrescendo 12‘34
Yoko 7‘20

“October 2008, I join a group of UK based performance artists in Tallinn,
Estonia, to produce new collaborative works as guests of Non Grata. The
project, Co-LAB‘08, is organised and run by Orion Maxted and protopPLAY. The
theme of the project is ‚Deconstruction/Reconstruction‘, appropriate as this
reflects my composing using field recordings.
The first performances are solo, showcasing existing work. I spend two days
recording and composing in Tallinn, performing a 30 minute sound piece for
the group.
The second performance has barely begun when the power is cut and a hole is
smashed in the wall of the performance space with a sledgehammer.
The third performance is a group reaction to this, starting loud and
intense, gradually becoming calm and peaceful.
Throughout the fourth performance, individuals reacted to artists actions
during the previous performance. My subject, Yoko Ishiguro, carried out the
following: smoking, cooking, washing her hair, eating a banana, attempting
all simultaneously.”
more info: http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/releases.html
please listen: http://www.1000fussler.com/music/d_r_yoko_excerpt.mp3

the 1000füssler says thanks for your advertency.

http://www.1000fussler.com
http://www.myspace.com/1000fussler.com