[Microsound-announce] NEW RELEASE - Craque: Tekuchesti

craquemat craque at craque.net
Sun Oct 5 15:36:46 EDT 2008

At the beginning of the summer I had the pleasure to run into a
burgeoning new netlabel out of Russia called CONStANtA. I was intrigued
by their unique voice and dedication to truly original music, and have
been enjoying the recent releases a great deal.

This month I am very pleased to announce the release of Tekuchesti, a
piece in shuffle time for listeners and improvisers, brand new on CONStANtA:

	http://constanta-label.ru/product_8.htm

The work explores the relationship of the materials of earth, and how
such a seemingly rigid planetary object finds itself in fluid motion
with the rest of the solar system.

Here's an excerpt from the liner notes, you can read the entire thing on
my blog at http://sounding.com/blog/?p=164

[...]

     Tekuchesti represents “fluidity” in physics, describing instability
or fluid states. The piece consists of constructions mostly taken from
free electro-acoustic improvisations, first recorded to create large
elemental plates of experience, and secondly edited and combined into
subdivisions of space. There were no structural or material limitations
placed on the recording or editing of the improvisations, they simply
happened.

[...]

For those familiar with the more beat-oriented side of Craque, this is a
good opportunity to experience the other end of the spectrum. The
shuffle aspect of the work gives it a fresh perspective on the sounds,
just like the earth gives us all different perspectives, and changes in
unexpected ways when we expect it least.

Also available for direct download:

    http://constanta-label.ru/%5Bconst008%5D_craque_-_tekuchesti.zip

.,m

more Craque downloads available elsewhere...

    http://www.kahvi.org/releases.php?release_number=249

    http://www.stadtgruenlabel.net/index.php?locator=releases&id=41

    http://xynthetic.com/xsn015.php