[Microsound-announce] Unconference @ Expo 4-6 July

Richard Whitelaw richard at sonicartsnetwork.org
Thu May 29 11:21:11 EDT 2008

If you are thinking of attending the UK's largest free sonic art
event, and wish you could be more involved, now's your chance.

We are accepting entirely open submissions in a Wiki format for
presentations, demonstrations, talks and panel discussions.

Here's a quick update:

I want to run a session of lightning presentations towards the end of
the day. I already have one sign-up, and hopefully another in the
pipeline. A lightning presentation is exactly 6:40 long and is made
up of 20 slides for 20 seconds. The presentations come thick and
fast. I'm hoping to have between 10 and 15 towards the end of the
day, to ease us all into the evening/night frivolities at the Uni. So
if you have something you'd like to present in a open, relaxed, quick
way, to whet people's appetites, then sign up for one of these. If
you might do but aren't sure - just email me
(david at sonicartsnetwork.org).

I'm pulling together a keynote panel discussion around nonprofit/art/
community radio. This will tie together the whole weekend and be
broadcast through our partner RadioReverb.

Present and discuss your recently finished academic papers...

Demonstrate your software developments...

Discuss a recent project your your performance practice...

It's free. It's open, and it will be a great place to meet people who
are doing interesting things. It really is up to the community to make
it happen, so please get involved.

unconference.expofestival.org

Cheers

David Rogerson