[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 01.08 > news/event/release update. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

RICHARD CHARTIER chartier at 3particles.com
Mon Jan 7 14:39:15 EST 2008

hello,
and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you. i hope 2008 is a year of good health and
happiness for each of you.

i am happy to announce that my partner Robert Eckhardt and i have
completed the new LINE website which went live Jan 1.
a lot of time and love went into it, please visit if you have the
chance.... http://www.12k.com/line

i am now busy at work finishing my new series of paintings/drawings
for a small show at Transformer Gallery in Washington, DC (see
below). its a big switch from sound to painting again.

next stop... my website relaunch :)

- -  NEW +RECENT RELEASES  - -
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the
ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/shop

CD .  "Fabrication"  collaboration with the legendary Asmus
Tietchens. (first 500 copies come with a bonus cd of material) [ Die
Stadt, Germany ].

2CD . "Retrieval_Path" on Airport Symphony compilation [ Room40,
Australia ]  EDRM417 - a double cd edition housed in a metal tin with
insert card. featuring David Grubbs, Richard Chartier, Francisco
Lopez, Camilla Hannan, Taylor Deupree, Christophe Charles, Dale
Lloyd, Marc Behrens, Toshiya Tsunoda, Tim Hecker, Stephan Mathieu,
Fennesz, Burkhard Beins, Jason Kahn, Ulrich Krieger, Keichi Sugimoto,
Christopher Willits, Joel Stern.  (only 2 copies remain )

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

FREE DOWNLOAD .  "november 9 2007" by Sawako + Richard Chartier +
Shinjiro Yamaguchi. a purely improvisational live performance
experiment at the ICA [ London, UK ] as part of the Atlantic Waves:
London International Festival of Exploratory Music, November 9,
2007.  http://www.12k.com/term/term18.htm

ITUNES + EMUSIC + OTHERS . LINE back catalog including out of print
releases - LINE_031, 029, 028, 027, 025, 024, 023 - will be available
soon!

WEBSITE RELAUNCH . 3particles.com  /  designed by Robert Eckhardt
(www.roberteckhardt.com) and me . Feb 1

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations. Avmotional [ Bucharest,
Romania ]  date TBC. Jan/Feb 2008

CD . William Basinski + Richard Chartier "untitled 1-3"  [ LINE,
US ]  special reissue of the long out of print spekk cd now with 2
new exclusive bonus compositions. February 2008. www.12k.com/line

EXHIBIT . "Absence/Presence" @ Transformer Gallery [ Washington, DC ]
This will be a showing of my drawings/paintings and photographic/
mixed media works by Paul Vinet.  Feb 2- March 8, 2008.
www.transformergallery.org

EDITION CD . "Absent"   [ 3particles, US ]  special limited edition
of 50 signed and numbered cds released in conjunction with the
opening of the show "Absence/Presence". February 2008. www.
3particles.com

10x7" BOX SET . Recovery [ Random Records, UK ] . limited edition of
500 numbered copies. Essay by Kamal Ackarie on the notion of covers
and tributes. Artists doing covers include: Ryoji Ikeda, Carsten
Nicolai, Christian Fennesz, Mika Vanio, Johaan Johaanson, Monolake, b
j nilsen, Susan Stenger, :zoviet*france, People Like Us & Ergo
Phizmiz, J.G.Thirlwell, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti, snd, Momus
and Gremlin, Matmos , Nicebox (Richard Chartier & CoH),  Paradise
Island (Jenny Hoyston), Donna Summer/Jason Forrest, Robert Lippok,
Mouse on Mars.  CoH and I are covering "bleak is my favourite cliché"
by Soft Cell. my first foray into POP music... and I actually do vocals.

SCREENING . Colorfield Variations @ Festival Némo [ Paris, France ]
TBC April 2008

DVD. Colorfield Variations. with works by:  Frank Bretschneider, Alan
Callander, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti (Chris&Cosey / Throbbing
Gristle), Sue Costabile, Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, Mark Fell
(SND/Blir) + Ernest Edmonds, Tina Frank + General Magic, Ryoichi
Kurokawa, Stephan Mathieu, Steve Roden, Sawako, and Bas Van Koolwijk.
curated by Richard Chartier. [ LINE, US ]  NTSC. Spring 2008.

LIVE .  Carraffa Museum of Art / Niu Festival [ Cordoba, Argentina ]
RESCHEDULED 2008

LIVE . Buenos Aires (MAMBA) (Museum Modern Art Buenos Aires) [ Buenos
Aires, Argentina ] RESCHEDULED 2008

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations  [ San Francisco + Los
Angeles, US ]  location to be confirmed. www.volumeprojects.org

DESIGN . LINE packaging series 3: Best of Disk Art – Innovation in
CD, DVDor Vinyl Design & Packaging by Charlotte Rivers Rotovision, UK
2008

EXHIBIT . collaborative installation work with artist Linn Meyers.
2008. www.linnmeyers.com

CURATORIAL . I have been asked to curate a large scale sound/video
installation exhibit at the Art Gallery of the University of Maryland
[ USA ] date to be confirmed. late 2008/early 2009

R I C H A R D C H A R T I E R

http://www.3particles.com
chartier at 3particles.com