[Microsound-announce] SB -- Stockhausen interview from 1982 (audio)

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:16:48 EST 2008

february 12, 2008
=============================
For a special tribute edition of parisian Aligre FM's "Songs of Praise" I dug up the original
audio cassette recording of an interview we did with Karlheinz Stockhausen more
than twenty five years ago, in november 1982, at the time he was composing
Samstag aus Licht and with family and friends/collaborators for a period of thirty five
days 'occupied' the Royal Conservatory in The Hague (the Netherlands).

This SoundBlog edition's podcast consists in a special 30 minutes 'Stockhausen on
dictaphone' reportage around three large audio extracts taken from this historic
recording, in which Stockhausen, among other things elaborates on the process of
composing his thirteenth piano piece (Lucifer's Dream), on the nature of time, on pop
music, on what's wrong with collage, and on the 'terrible decadence' of western
culture,
and western music in particular ...

(Please respect this audio file's attribution/non-commercial creative commons licence.)

---

Harold Schellinx