[Microsound-announce] NEW from and/OAR: Francisco Lopez - Wind [Patagonia]

dkl37 at juno.com dkl37 at juno.com
Sat Sep 22 03:55:22 EDT 2007

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the cross-posting.
Actually, I haven't done this in quite a while...
But please feel free to forward this on to other pertinent list groups
beyond
Phonography, Lowercase Sound and Microsound Announce.
Thanks in advance!

catalog number: and/27
artist: FRANCISCO LOPEZ
title: Wind [Patagonia]
format: CD (packaged in a super gloss digipak with 16 page booklet)
http://www.and-oar.org/pop_and_27.html

and/OAR couldn't be more pleased to present the third part of Spanish
sound artist
Francisco López's already classic "trilogy of the Americas" which started
with La Selva,
followed by Buildings [New York] (both released by V2 Archief,
Netherlands).

An immersion into the sonic matter from micro- and macro- environments
dominated
by wind in Patagonia. A vast barren space shaped and inhabited by the
ever-changing
forces of unmuted plants, rocks, sand, snow, and ice. An irregular
broad-band
environment of relentless strength and richness. And above all, a tour de
force of
profound listening.

López’s Patagonian winds have a ferocious beauty and immensity. Delicate
whispers
combine with wild swarms and eddies undergirded by deep bass punches. And
all of
this produced by an invisible force that endlessly sweeps the surface of
the globe. With
this, we are no longer in the tidy world of human music, but have entered
the sublime
domain of natural sound. (Christoph Cox).

Thanks very much for your time!
Dale

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/

NEW: FRANCISCO LOPEZ: Wind [Patagonia]
STILL NEW: VARIOUS ARTISTS: Yasujiro Ozu - Hitokomakura