[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 05.09.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Fri Sep 14 07:49:39 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts sundays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 9-10pm gmt

next podcast:    19.09.07
next new edition: 30.09.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***  some changes in the air - first, the resumption of broadcasting has been pushed back one week; live programming is now set to resume on monday, the 24th of september.  meanwhile, framework has a new, we think more appropriate, home, on sunday evenings from 9 to 10pm.  so that means our first new edition since the studio move will take place on sunday the 30th of september, 9pm.  we will continue to update the repeat podcasts editions on our current wednesday schedule until our new sunday schedule begins on the 30th.  thanks for bearing with us, great new sounds and lots of afield editions coming up!

this week we repeated an edition of framework first aired on 09.08.02, featuring loren chasse, thomas beck, joyce hinterding, logoplasm and the quiet american. this editions also features our co-founder and original co-host, joel stern.  from the original playlist:

  "We welcomed Joel back from his journeys this week, having returned to us with stacks of great material, which we will slowly be getting through over the next several shows.  Our featured location recordings (twixt tracks and under our babbling) this week were by the Quiet American; a selection of field recordings entitled 'source recordings no. 89: annapurna region, nepal .'  As always, I highly recommend checking out his work, as well as his very informative website (www.quietamerican.org)."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

12.09.07
(this edition will be available online until 19.09.07)

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

*Loren Chasse  /  4  /  Hedge of Nerves  /  Anomalous
made from the sound of 78 rpm surface noises, fire, surf, and wind in juniper and aspen branches. recorded in northern california, spring 2001.
www.23five.org/lchasse/ , www.anomalousrecords.com , lchasse at earthlink.net

*Thomas Beck  /  Novo 02 (excerpt)  /  Novo  /  unreleased
recorded in the oldest wood in Germany, The Pealz
www.zone.hamburg.com, thomas at fsk-hh.org

*Joyce Hinterding  /  (excerpt)  /  audio work for The Levitation Grounds /  Leviscape
Deriving from a March 1999 residency at the Cape Bruny Lightstation in Tasmania, Australia, the sound was generated from various source recordings around the island including the background sound of the milky way and the Aurora Australis.
http://hosted.at.imago.com.au/luminoska/ , joyce at sigmaeditions.com , http://www.sigmaeditions.com/

*logoplasm  /  un libro scritto in automatico che il cuore non comprende  /  -  /  private edition cd-r
sources: voices, metal, microphones, air, tapes, environments, dogs, speakers, chimes, electronics, processing, toil, amazement, dreamtelling just upon waking
www.logoplasm.dot.nu, mothra at inwind.it

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!