[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 05.09.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Fri Sep 7 05:08:58 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next podcast:    12.09.07
next new edition: 19.09.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***   the move to the new resonancefm studios is now complete!  live broadcasting will resume on the 17th of september, with the first new edition of framework on wednesday the 19th.  thanks for bearing with us, great new sounds and lots of afield editions coming up!

this week we repeated an edition of framework first aired on 29.10.04, featuring john hudak with stephan mathieu, mnortham, eric cordier with denis tricot, james dunn, the quiet american, and marc vernon. from the original playlist:

  "our first return to our standard format broadcast brought us a first delving into the pile of sounds that have backing up over the past several months while we've been working on the framework:focus shows - we listened to several tracks for the exquisite new cd by john hudak and stephan mathieu on sirr|ecords - in fact, with two copies of the album, we blended several of the tracks together to create a denser compressed version.  this weaved in and out of recent work by mnortham from a split cdr that also features a collaboration between tbc and brume (we'll hear sounds form that portion of the disc next time), documentation of wind sculptures by french artists eric cordier and denis tricot, vlf recordings on homemade equipment by james dunn, and overseas sounds by quiet american and american sounds (all recorded in savannah, georgia) by local (to this island, anyway) mark vernon."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

05.09.07
(this edition will be available online until 12.09.07)

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

framework intro  /  keith de mendonca
an intro recorded in the rain reverberating off the scaffolding outside the artist's flat
http://www.dismbody.demon.co.uk/home.html

john hudak and stephan mathieu  /  01
                                                    winter garden  /  pieces of winter  /  sirr
these two tracks  created our first condensation from this album - the sounds for winter garden originate from snow falling on contact mics frozen into ice
http://www.sirr-ecords.com, http://www.johnhudak.net, http://www.bitsteam.de

mnortham  /  -  /  steps towards the hairy night  /  -
an initial textural whipping leads us into mnortham's trademark organic drones
http://www.radiantslab.com/mnortham

eric cordier / denis tricot  /  la conche  /  -  /  -
cordier teams up with french sculptor and artist tricot to create large wind sculptures and document their effects
http://www.kaon.org/eric_cordier, cheveches at free.fr

james dunn  /  clearing in wood on mountaintop  /  vlf field recordings, cwm cowarch, wales  /  -
the first track of a disc of exceptionally diverse vlf (very low frequency) radio recordings taken on a homemade receiver - more of these to come
jdunnuk at yahoo.co.uk

quiet american  /  prelude: uxo
                          resonance  /  rockets of the mekong  /  grain of sound
a raw recording of the resonance of some cavernous location followed by a floating composition of repeating tones
http://www.grainofsound.com, http://www.quietamerican.org

mark vernon  /  grapefruit crush  /  13th colony sound  /  meagre resource
and to wake us up - cutting up grapefruit, squeezing oranges, waste disposal unit, and monster trucks at the oglethorpe speedway park
meagreresource at hotmail.com

john hudak and stephan mathieu  /  04
                                                    05
                                                    nuit blanche  /  pieces of winter  /  sirr
another condensation of three very different tonal tracks derived from highly manipulated field and instrumental recordings
http://www.sirr-ecords.com, http://www.johnhudak.net, http://www.bitsteam.de

mark vernon  /  wake up call  /  13th colony sound  /  meagre resource
extraordinary woodpecker recordings, pneumatic drills, and roadworks in habersham street, savannah, ga
meagreresource at hotmail.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!