[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 04.11.07

murmer at talk21.com murmer at talk21.com
Tue Nov 6 08:00:03 EST 2007

framework broadcasts sundays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 9-10pm gmt
 next edition: 11.11.07
 ~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

 for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
 framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

 RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

 framework - phonography/field
 recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
     presented by patrick mcginley

 in this, our latest regular edition of framework, we listened to several tracks from a few releases that have recently come through our doors (one not so recently), two released works (eric la casa's air.ratio and philip samartzis' soft and loud) and two unreleased works (erdem helvacioglu's wounded breath and simon whetham's
 dark light).  due to currently being on the road i don't have specific track info for you this week, but once i return to my base in a few weeks i will update the website with this info.  in the meantime you'll be able to listen to this edition online until the 11th, when our next edition of framework:afield airs, this one produced here in the uk by felicity ford, and featuring an extensive collection of domestic field recordings and interviews.

meanwhile, a few upcoming gigs of interest here in london:  i'll be playing tonight (that's tuesday november 6th) in a collaborative set with john grzinich at jamboree, 566 cable street studios in limehouse.  doors at 7:30, entry is a meagre £2.  and this
 weekend is the atlantic waves festival at the ica, with many, many visiting artists of note, including another performance by john, eric la casa, paulo raposo, jason kahn, manu holterbach, achim wollscheid, sawako, o.blaat, kenneth kirschner...  the list goes on.  definitely worth checking out...

 again, we are always looking for material for
 the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

 framework
 bp17
 27910 perruel
 france

 framework at talk21.com

  framework intro submissions:

 1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
 2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
 3)    read the following
 text:

 welcome to framework.

 framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it’s use in composition.
 field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

 4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
 5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

 thanks!