[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 20.06.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Jun 20 13:14:41 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    20.06.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

almost exclusively unreleased works in this edition, except for the final instalment of our focus on social interiors' cd on endgame records.  we played the entire cd over the last 4 regular editions, as it seemed so appropriate to us, this last track being the one collaboration between the 3 artists on the disc, after the 3 solo tracks we've heard over the last several weeks.

meanwhile this week we also featured the outcome of our listener participation project from a few weeks back.  you may remember my description of sebastiane hegarty's project, which involved sending several heavy pressed vinyl 7" records through the mail unprotected and sleeveless, and asking the receivers to make an ambient recording of the record and send it back to him.  well we decided to take this one step further and air our copy of the record on framework, asking listeners to make an ambient recording of the broadcast and send it back to us.  in this edition you'll find 4 such recordings, made in very different circumstances around the world.

along with these works we heard new unreleased material by marcelo radulovich (including a stunning piece of hurdy-gurdy manipulation), a recent sonic experiment by dallas simpson (that also originally included some filmed images), an exquisite collection of bowed metal fences by stephen cornford, and a framework introduction recorded for us by gordon tebo.

and speaking of which: framework's stock of listener provided introductions is running low!  if you enjoy the show, please consider contributing by recording your very own framework introduction - frame and fortune will follow!  find guidelines below in this mail, or on our website.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

20.06.07
(this edition will be available online until 27.06.07)

(start - finish  /  artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

00:00 - 04:21  /  gordon tebo/  framework intro
                        http://www.pananthem.com

01:25 - 10:08  /  marcelo radulovich  /  917  /  index  /  -
                        http://www.marceloradulovich.com

04:54 - 17:33  /  dallas simpson  /  canalisation 2  /  -  /  -
                        http://www.dallasmasters.co.uk/dallas

06:37 - 14:28  /  stephen cornford  /  attempt on this mesh  /  attempts to shatter steel with sound  /  -
                        http://www.scrawn.co.uk

16:42 - 21:43  /  patrick mcginley  /  mo (nu) ment, by sebastiane hegarty, rerecorded from broadcast
                        http://www.murmerings.com

20:24 - 39:35  /  social interiors  /  spatial circumference  /  spatial circumference  /  endgame
                        http://www.endgame.com.au

38:01 - 44:28  /  jane cheadle  /  mo (nu) ment, by sebastiane hegarty, rerecorded from broadcast
                        jane.cheadle at alumni.rca.ac.uk

40:34 - 55:37  /  marcelo radulovich  /  indian  /  index  /  -
                        http://www.marceloradulovich.com

45:17 - 51:14  /  stephen cornford  /  attempt on babbage road  /  attempts to shatter steel with sound  /  -
                        http://www.scrawn.co.uk

46:30 - 50:34  /  origami boe  /  mo (nu) ment, by sebastiane hegarty, rerecorded from broadcast
                        http://kunst.no/origami/boe

47:59 - 57:09  /  stephen cornford  /  second attempt  /  attempts to shatter steel with sound  /  -
                        http://www.scrawn.co.uk

50:12 - 55:59  /  stephen cornford  /  attempt near train tracks  /  attempts to shatter steel with sound  /  -
                        http://www.scrawn.co.uk

54:30 - 59:30  /  sebastiane hegarty  /  mo (nu) ment, by sebastiane hegarty, rerecorded from broadcast
                        sebastiane73 at hotmail.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!