[Microsound-announce] EXTRACT portraits of soundartists

steinbr ü chel steinbruchel at synchron.ch
Tue Jun 19 17:56:37 EDT 2007

--

OUT NOW on nvo
http://www.nonvisualobjects

--

artists: 22 various artists
title: extract - portraits of soundartists
cat#: nvo_o11
format: book (hardcover, 96 pages) + 2 cds
release date: may 07
limited edition: 500

--

cd 1
01 Keith Berry | Finger Pointing At The Moon | 6¹00

cd 2
01 Roel Meelkop 1 | (hole in a heap) | 5¹30
02 Will Montgomery | Split Chance | 5¹55
03 Tomas Philips | Each More Melodious Note | 6¹01
04 Steve Roden | air into form/voice into breath | 6¹49
05 Jos Smolders | Aiolos (Vangsaa Interior) | 6¹00
06 Steinbrüchel | Parallel | 7¹02
07 Nao Sugimoto (mondii) | Nature Out | 5¹33
08 Asmus Tietchens | Vierte Beisetzung in Wien | 4¹37
09 Toshiya Tsunoda | Scenery of vibration/Listening... | 5¹36
10 Ubeboet | Lux Vivens | 3¹43
11 Michael Vorfeld | Geste | 5¹29

--

Since we started the label Nonvisualobjects two years ago, many collab-
orations with artists worldwide have arisen, a large, growing network has

With essays, interviews, photos, drawings and other materials presented in
this book, we try to look at the motivation and intention behind the sound
production from different perspectives, to possibly allow for a new/extended
approach to this form of music.

Many of the artists involved in this project do not exclusively work with
sound, but also in other artistic disciplines. In this book we would like to
present these other sides of their work to allow crossreferences/crosslinks
to open up new aspects of the music.

EXTRACT contains interviews, essays, photos, drawings and 22 tracks by:
Keith Berry, Richard Chartier, Taylor Deupree, Heribert Friedl, Richard
Garet, Andy Graydon, Bernhard Günter, John Hudak, I8U, Dean King, Dale
Lloyd, Roel Meelkop, Will Montgomery, Tomas Philips, Steve Roden, Jos
Smolders, Steinbrüchel, Nao Sugimoto (aka mondii), Asmus Tietchens, Toshiya
Tsunoda, Ubeboet and Michael Vorfeld.

--

.:.: http://www.synchron.ch :.:.