[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 06.06.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Jun 6 14:43:22 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    13.06.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

some of you may have noticed that this edition didn't actually air at the appropriate time in the appropriate place on your fm dial - there were some technical difficulties at the studio.  but not to worry, you haven't missed your chance, as this show will now be available, as is every edition, for streaming and podcasting for the next seven days!  so now's your chance to make that virtual leap - isn't the internet wonderful?

it was probably my punishment for engaging in some blatant self-promotion, in the form of airing not one, but both sides of my own shiny new 7" vinyl record on germany's drone records, entitled 'in their homes and in their heads'.  it features heavily treated sound sources from a parisien apartment and a londonien secret garden, as well as a package with handmade paper (made by these very hands!) containing a smorgasbord of pulped personal items (including a summer's worth of hair, if you must know, and yes, only from my head).  so if that was my punishment, now i'm really doomed...

we also heard the 3rd of 4 tracks from the social interiors album 'spatial circumference', a solo yann novak work composed from the sounds of fans inflating 2 transparent vinyl houses (!), a sampling of the multiartist (ben owen, gill arno, andre goncalves, andy graydon, richard garet, and gil sanson) scored experiment that is ea, and another short recording from the french sound magazine sonatura.

and one more time: framework's stock of listener provided introductions is running low!  if you enjoy the show, please consider contributing by recording your very own framework introduction - frame and fortune will follow!  find guidelines below in this mail, or on our website.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

06.06.07
(this edition will be available online until 13.06.07)

(start - finish  /  artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

00:00 - 03:33  /  elizabeth lewin  /  framework intro
                        elewin at artic.edu

01:37 - 09:39  /  murmer  /  in his home  /  in their homes and in their heads  /  drone records
                        http://www.murmerings.com, http://www.dronerecords.de

07:48 - 23:30  /  yann novak  /  [excerpt 1]  /  intermission  /  dragon's eye
                        http://www.dragonseyerecordings.com

16:08 - 36:49  /  social interiors  /  things change things remain the same  /  spatial circumference  /  endgame
                        http://www.endgame.com.au

26:44 - 44:41  /  ea  /  [excerpt]  /  balancing act with controlled dynamics  /  winds measure
                        http://windsmeasurerecordings.net

41:49 - 49:52  /  murmer  /  in her head  /  in their homes and in their heads  /  drone records
                        http://www.murmerings.com, http://www.dronerecords.de

46:56 - 59:03  /  yann novak  /  [excerpt 2]  /  intermission  /  dragon's eye
                        http://www.dragonseyerecordings.com

58:27 - 59:30  /  jean chevallier  /  pipistrelle commune  /  sonatura [compilation]  /  sonatura
                        http://www.sonatura.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!