[Microsound-announce] Sascha Neudeck - seroton // new online release on con-v

conv convnetlabel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 17:26:23 EST 2007

 This new sound output [seroton] of sascha neudeck
(biochemist and musician, based in vienna) is to carry
out a test by the idea of different
drone-interpretations. It is more a collection of
different quotations in doing with such these topics.
The result is quite different to his previous work,
which was more noise- and random-oriented. This new
section is quite a try to arrange such these things -
from totally abstract elements to poetic narrative
parts. Different ideas come out from an abstractness
and get into an often sparely melodic part - otherwise
a changeover from the lightness of sound into a deep
and noise drone, which is interrupted by fragement
spikes of sound. Neudeck is working only with
software, sinus generators, self produced
soundequipment and lately with the sidrassi organ
(totally crazy tool). So I am often surprised by the
result, when it sounds like a field recording. But
when I see, how he works in his nerdy laboratory, I
understand that his output can irritate.

liner notes by Heribert Friedl

www.con-v.org