[Microsound-announce] Reminder: Sonority Presents: The Player Piano Studies of Conlon Nancarrow - LIVE!

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Tue Jan 9 15:13:55 EST 2007

Hello -

Just a reminder that I hope you can make it to the Nancarrow show
this weekend.  Details are below.  Also check out my interview with
the Electronic Music Foundation about the concert:
http://www.arts-electric.org/articles/070103.odom.html

Thanks, and I hope to see you there - Jeth

************************

Conloninpurple, Trimpin's installation at the Tacoma Art Museum, is
an homage to composer Conlon Nancarrow (1912-1997) whose musical
compositions are too complex to be played by human beings. For this
performance of Nancarrow's works, Trimpin has created a box equipped
with 88 mallets that fits over the keyboard of an upright piano which
he will operate using a laptop computer.  A rare 1989 interview with
Nancarrow will be screened, and independent curator Beth Sellars will
present a brief overview of the two-year survey of exhibitions in the
Northwest honoring Trimpin.  Reception to follow with Trimpin in
attendance.

Studies for Player Piano by Conlon Nancarrow
A Closing Performance by Trimpin
Sunday, January 14th    3:30pm
Tacoma Art Museum
Tacoma, Washington
USA

Tickets are $5 for Tacoma Art Museum members, and $10 for non-
members. Price includes admission to the museum.

RSVP by calling 253-272-4258, ext 3026 or email
pmcardle at tacomaartmuseum.org

More information on Nancarrow:

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/
199710/29_bakera_nancarrow/index.shtml