[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 7th February 2007 (The Idealist)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Feb 13 07:22:49 EST 2007

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--
Tuesday 13th February, 2007

Hi folks,

A brief one this week.. the night is getting on and it is busy busy busy. I
hope you are all well ­ if you are in Melbourne there are some great shows
on in the next week or so. This Friday Opulent Magazine presents the next of
their Favela Rock nights @ Ms. Libertines and next week:

For those of you interested in checking out Amy Farina (of The Warmers) and
Ian Mackaye (of Fugazi etc) in their new-ish band The Evens, here are the
details for the Melbourne shows.

** all shows open to All Ages **
MONDAY 19TH FEB
VENUE: CLOUD CITY
ADDRESS: 14 Pretince St Brunswick
Time: 8pm
Cost: $15
Directions: Coming from the city, take a left at Victoria St, a block down
is a small st on the left called Prentice.

TUESDAY 20TH FEB
VENUE: Wooden Shadows Gallery
ADDRESS: 49 Coppin St, Richmond.
Time: 8pm
Cost: $15
Directions: coming from the city, take a left off Bridge Rd into Coppin St.

Feel free to message Woody from Triple R¹s awesome Wig Wam Bam
(wigwambamradio at hotmail.com).

Hope to see some of you at those shows.

Coming up:

14th February, 2007: Looking at the other new release from Nosordo this
week. In early January, I spoke with Robert Horton, on the line from his Bay
Area home, about his new collaboration with Dax Pierson. Tune in to hear
cuts from their record, ³Pablo Feldman Sun Riley².

Robert Horton: http://www.hoalrecords.com/
Dax Pierson: http://www.daxpierson.com/
Nosordo: http://nosordo.com/nsrd006.htm

In the pipeline: Vitor Joaquim, Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan Baker, Aaron
Ximm, RF.

Cheers,

Simon.

--

Symbiosis Playlist ­ 7th February 2007

A lifetime in the making (and a year or two or actual production), "I am the
Fire" is the debut solo release by Joachim Nordwall  (as The Idealist).
Joachim also runs Ideal, a record label and also an umbrella for his
festival for four years (he is taking a break because it couldn¹t get any
better than the last one!). Tune in to hear a chat that I had with Joachim
last month and some cuts off ³I Am The Fire².

Joachim Nordwall: http://wwww.idealrecordings.com/
Nosordo: http://nosordo.com/nsrd007.htm

--

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

Audiopixel :: les larmes sont des fleurs dépourvues de pétales :: Sonic
Scope 04 - The Portable Edition :: Grain of Sound

Loscil :: steam :: Plume :: Kranky

Back To Comm :: the north tower :: Wir Konnen Leider Nicht Etwas Mehr Zu
Tun... :: Dekorder

Fritz Hauser :: bassdrum :: Solodrumming - On Time And Space :: Toolbox

Murcof :: ulysses :: Utopia :: Leaf

Field :: 10 ways to live well ::

Scott Taylor :: slow boating - part 2 :: Five Dreams For Sleepers :: Con-v

Jan-M. Iverson :: (excerpt) :: 1.05 Drone :: Triple Bath

The Idealist :: the knives are my eyes :: I Am The Fire :: Nosordo

Joachim Nordwall (The Idealist) interview

The Idealist :: i am not here :: I Am The Fire :: Nosordo

The Idealist :: my head is on fire :: I Am The Fire :: Nosordo

The Idealist :: to make exact copies of every mistake ever made :: I Am The
Fire :: Nosordo

The Idealist :: the declaraaation of indeeependence :: I Am The Fire ::
Nosordo

Okokok :: intro :: i need you :: Pertin-nce **

Jeph Jerman :: (excerpt) :: Studio Amps And Rain (August 2006) ::
www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com

AGF :: privatebirds :: Westernization Completed :: Orthlorng Musork

Mouse On Mars :: evoke an object :: Radical Connector :: Rogue Records

Net Labels (**)

Pertin-nce: www.pertin-nce.com