[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 31st January, 2007

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Feb 6 05:18:59 EST 2007

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--
Hi folks,

What a week! I dropped by the Prince Of Wales last Monday night to check out
Spank Rock and Diplo. Well Spank Rock lite (half of them didn¹t make it to
Australia) but it was a great show anyhow. It made me pull out that old
M.I.A./Diplo mixtape and torture my work with it a few times J

Unfortunately I missed Isis last Sunday night whilst they were in town ­
would love to hear from peeps if you went. Found this great Isis/Tim Hecker
vid on Youtube over the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5u_DdqDRU

Last week was the end of a nice, relaxed Summer vibe on Symbiosis. We heard
sounds from Addenda, Ben Owen's net platform for sound and visual works that
originally stemmed from his Seasonal performance concerts. I believe they
are no more but he continues to arrange phonography meetings in New York
state.

We also heard cuts from Melbourne's Boy Is Fiction, a very special live
recording from Dallas Simpson out of the UK, Jim O¹Rourke¹s contribution to
the Avanto festival cd (that John Chantler recommended to me ­ thanks
John!), the new Hecker release on Rephlex, the sounds of the Quiet
American¹s Serendipity Machines, and the new one for Sascha Neudeck, a
biochemist and musician from Vienna. I'm not sure how the two converge but
he always manages to produce some interesting sound work.

Coming up:

7th February, 2007: A lifetime in the making (and a year or two or actual
production), "I am the Fire" is the debut solo release by Joachim Nordwall
(as The Idealist). Joachim also runs Ideal, a record label and also an
umbrella for his festival for four years (he is taking a break because it
couldn¹t get any better than the last one!). Tune in to hear a chat that I
had with Joachim last month and some cuts off ³I Am The Fire².

Joachim Nordwall: http://wwww.idealrecordings.com/
Nosordo: http://nosordo.com/nsrd007.htm

Coming up:

February: Robert Horton, The return of the Symbiosis Label Focus.

In the pipeline: Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan Baker, Aaron Ximm, RF, Vitor
Joaquim

Ciao,

Simon.

--

Symbiosis Playlist - 31th January 2007

Summer cruising edition..

--

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

Sascha Neudeck :: gruene resonanz :: Seroton :: Conv **

Boy Is Fiction :: why did you do that :: S/T :: myspace.com/boyisfiction

ben owen :: tredegar mill digital camera recording :: December 2006 ::
Addenda **

Helena Gough :: 2 :: With What Remains :: Entracte

Quiet American :: Serendipity Machine 11-19-03 (haunted) (excerpt) :: Dusk
Machines :: www.quietamerican.org

Vitor Joaquim :: slow moments :: Flow :: Cronica

Burial :: spaceape :: Burial :: Hyperdub

Jim O' Rourke :: out with the old :: Avanto Festival 2006 ::
www.avantofestival.com

Dallas Simpson :: a selection of teas :: Live Recording ::
http://dallas.soundtransit.nl/

mb :: holla found tape (excerpt) :: January 2007 :: Addenda **

Tim Hecker :: i'm transmitting tonight :: Radio Amor :: Mille Plateaux

Lackluster :: LL060205 :: Repulsine EP :: Soulseek Records

Caural :: cruel fate of spring :: Mirrors For Eyes :: Mush

Autistici :: modified work environment (for annie baxter) :: Melt: Minnesota
Remixed :: Wandering Ear **

Hecker :: precedence :: Recordings For Rephlex :: Rephlex

Lawrence English :: end game :: For Varying Degrees Of Winter :: Baskaru

Net Labels (**)

Addenda: http://seasonalbk.net/_addenda/
Conv: http://www.con-v.org/
Wandering Ear: http://www.wanderingear.com/