[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 29.08.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Aug 29 15:33:18 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next podcast:    05.09.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***   this month resonancefm is moving to brand-spanking-new studio premises, a vast improvement over the space we have now.  this is a big job, however, and live programming will be suspended for until the job is finished (archive programming will continue).  for this reason, framework will also be taking a few weeks off, to recharge our engines, and restock our ears.  the next new edition should happen in september - stay tuned, we'll let you know!

in the meantime, however, we will continue to update the podcast weekly, with shows from our own archive.  have a look at the playlists online; if there's a particular show you'd like to hear, from anytime in framework's 500 (sorry, 5) year history, let us know, and we'll try to line it up in the next few weeks.

this week we repeated an edition of framework:focus first aired on the 27th of may, 2005, featuring aaron ximm's one minute vacations project.  from the original playlist:

  "this week saw the broadcast of our may edition of framework:focus, featuring one of my favorite phonographers' community projects of all time, aaron ximm's one minute vacations.  for 3 1/2 years, aaron has been faithfully posting a new one minute vacation for our listening pleasure every monday on his website, http://www.quietamerican.org (click on the hollow flag) - the vacations have their origins all over the world and are submitted by all levels of recordists.  each recordings is a 60 second untreated field recording, an aural snapshot, a quintessential framework.  we sampled 60 (natch) of these one minute recordings, and were treated to aaron's own insights on the project, on his own work, and on the art of listening."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

29.08.07
(this edition will be available online until 05.09.07)

all tracks available for download on the one minutes vacations page (behind the hollow flag) at http://www.quietamerican.org
artist  /  title  /  original post date

mark ragsdale  /  haeundai rock  /  23.05.05
anla courtis  /  buenos aires birds  /  25.04.05
arnaud of tmrx  /  bmx bikers  /  06.09.04
ben dixon  /  jumping in  /  25.11.02
ben owen  /  rain onset  /  21.03.05
bronwyn ximm  /  carmen alta  /  11.08.03
cedric peyronnet  /  kdidctb096  /  11.02.02
christopher delaurenti  /  kalaloch  /  01.04.02
daryl richel  /  israel air raid  /  20.09.04
david kuhn  /  nene  /  30.09.02
derek bf gunnlaugson  /  brandon river  /  25.10.05
eric la casa  /  rue de la casa  /  12.06.04
eric van der wyk  /  birds of verona  /  12.05.03
evert velthuis  /  kanne  /  09.12.03
fabian mohr  /  seekaralm  /  29.09.03
gintas k  /  passat  /  12.01.04
ben adair  /  love and happiness  /  10.06.02
grant finlay  /  auckland dawn chorus  /  13.12.04
greyg filastine  /  morocco  /  19.05.03
kaveh soofi  /  gamelan squelch  /  17.06.02
gunther reiche  /  ahrenshoop  /  05.05.03
jarra schirris  /  thaipusam  /  20.05.02
jeff sampson  /  mahjong  /  10.02.03
joe balestreri  /  bosque  /  20.10.03
jonathan coleclough  /  air-vent  /  26.01.04
keith w. jenkins  /  vaf meet  /  04.10.04
xavier briche  /  tricycle  /  08.03.04
ken reisman  /  market  /  08.09.03
marc levisohn  /  prayer  /  11.11.02
lady raven  /  elk  /  13.10.03
larnie fox  /  sanding  /  08.12.03
lonesomeshank  /  barcelona drone  /  07.02.05
herr axelsson  /  archipelago  /  03.03.03
mandy j.watson  /  eiffel observation  /  10.01.05
marcelo radulovich  /  funzone  /  28.04.03
jules bernstein  /  antarctica  /  30.06.03
anders ostberg  /  factory museum  /  07.03.05
matteo trissoglio  /  cascatella  /  18.10.04
michel de boer  /  modern technic  /  08.11.04
murmer  /  fire-juggling  /  07.07.03
peter thiede  /  yeravan  /  28.02.05
rod stasick  /  family owl  /  18.04.05
aaron ximm  /  buriganga  /  22.09.03
russell fincher  /  aquaria  /  03.11.03
dr. frank veet  /  dolphins  /  10.11.03
sarah elzas  /  avanos  /  26.04.04
keith de mendonca  /  victoria emr  /  21.06.04
takahiro  kawaguchi  /  nye gong  /  04.04.05
andrew duke  /  snow walk  /  22.12.03
toby paddock  /  fireworks  /  05.08.02
andrew lackey  /  tires  /  05.04.04
vc scafati  /  pyrolarium  /  14.04.03
bill thompson  /  midnight horns  /  24.01.05
wolfgang menzel  /  canary crickets  /  13.09.04
tim cabassi  /  yakitori man  /  21.02.05
yannick dauby  /  clansnight  /  25.08.03
nicolaus kuzyk  /  dousing the fire  /  17.01.05
dawn neal  /  atherton  /  17.11.03
aaron ximm  /  backwaters  /  21.01.02

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!