[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 01.08.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Aug 2 05:05:52 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next podcast:    08.08.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***   this month resonancefm is moving to brand-spanking-new studio premises, a vast improvement over the space we have now.  this is a big job, however, and live programming will be suspended for most of july (archive programming will continue).  for this reason, framework will also be taking a few weeks off, to recharge our engines, and restock our ears.  the next new edition should happen in early september - stay tuned, we'll let you know!

in the meantime, however, we will continue to update the podcast weekly, with shows from our own archive.  have a look at the playlists online; if there's a particular show you'd like to hear, from anytime in framework's 500 (sorry, 5) year history, let us know, and we'll try to line it up in the next few weeks.

this week we repeated an edition of framework which first aired on the 2nd of may, 2003, featuring a live studio performance by jean-luc guionnet. from the original playlist:

  "probably my favorite framework introduction yet began this edition, recorded here in london by melanie clifford and rob grant on scaffolding outside their window with a live mix of contact and condenser microphones.  beautiful!  we then delved back into the massive body of work produced by ward weis, before moving on to some recent works by slavek kwi, aka artificial memory trace.

  however, the real highlight was a live in studio performance by jean-luc guionnet: composer, improviser, and collaborator with the likes of eric cordier and eric la casa, and their project afflux.  jean-luc performed a live improvised set of found sounds: some prerecorded (but unheard) sounds from his eurostar ride that morning, the others live on location, from a condenser mic out the window, to an array of contact mics spread across the studio and taped to clocks, amps, ventilators...  definitely amongst framework's most exciting moments."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

01.08.07
(this edition will be available online until 08.08.07)

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

melanie clifford & rob grant  /  framework intro
recorded with a  mix of contact and condenser mics on scaffolding in harringay, london, 02.23.03
melanie at corrugated.demon.co.uk

ward weis  / tracks 7, 8, 9, 1, 2 & 3  /  dwalingen  /  radio 3
a series of one minute sound captures and mixes from specific locations creating a sound map of a city
wardweis at yucom.be, http://users.skynet.be/planktone/ward/index.html

artificial memory trace  /  -  /  -  /  -
excerpt from a chain of original sounds/samples recorded in kenya and tanzania, winter 2000/2001

artificial memory trace  /  -  /  -  /  -
excerpt from a chain of original sounds/samples recorded at the arthouse, dublin, march 2001

artificial memory trace  /  spectral territories (excerpt)  /  -  /  -
composed using the raw materials above in a solid juxtaposition of natural and urban sound
skwi at mail.be, http://www.radiantslab.com/amt/about

jean-luc guionnet  /  live on framework
live set in the resonance fm studio improvising with unheard recordings from the eurostar and live contact mic sound captures from around the studio
guionnet.jean-luc at wanadoo.fr, www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/guionnetbio.html

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!