[Microsound-announce] New On Furthernoise.org

Roger Mills roger at eartrumpet.org
Tue Apr 3 17:57:24 EDT 2007

Furthernoise.org issue & net release April 2007.

New net label release - Appropriate Re-Appropriations
A compilation of innovative compositions created from audio samples in
the Freesound Project archive under the Creative Commons Sampling Plus
license. It is free to download with printed folded sleeve.
http://www.furthernoise.org/index.php?iss=61

"Roggbif Records - Purveyors of Fine Norwegian Noise." (feature)
Sten Ove Toft has been of a mainstay of Norwegian Noise for sometime
and his Roggbif label is turning out some of the most interesting and
aggressive music from the genre. The first time I met him however, it
was a somewhat quiet affair. I had received a txt msg from someone
saying "You should like this" a time and an address.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=161
feature by Mark Francombe

"Clair / Shahar 'Avner's Arrival'" (review)
John Clair and Jed Shahar record a session of 'electro acoustic
improvisation'. This is news to the security guard whose venue they are
in. An interesting conversation develops.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=166
review by Mark McLaren

"Eavesdropping" (review)
Blind people are not casual listeners. Blind since birth, Stephen
Kuusisto recounts the surprise that comes when we are actively
listening to our surroundings. There is an art to eavesdropping.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=165
review by Mark McLaren

"Helicoids / Psychotic Breaks Mix CD - Alex Young" (review)
In June 06 Alex Young created a special continuous mix for the
Furthernoise Month Of Sundays live A/V event in London. Combining
tracks from two of his releases, psychotic breaks and Helicoids. The
result was a thirty-minute trip into frenetic beats, glitch textures,
flowing synthesizer ambience and melodic tones.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=167
review by Bill Binkelman

"Sonic Postcards - Sonic Arts Network" (review)
Sonic Postcards is a UK wide education project devised and delivered by
Sonic Arts Network. It is a unique and innovative project that enables
9-14 year old pupils from across the UK to explore and compare their
local sound environments through the exchange of sound postcards with
other schools via the internet.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=160
review by Roger Mills

"SuperTexture by Gary Smith" (review)
SuperTexture throws away post-processing and effects, leaving just Gary
Smith, his guitar and amp to take us on a journey of virtuoso guitar
experimentation. The first disc, Smith's solo work, is pure guitar and
amp. The second disc features guests exploring each improvisation
through their own interpretation.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=168
review by Alex Young

"Terraform EP - Razing Darkness" (review)
The journey begins with ominous bass drones and industrial machine
noise in the track Gravity Damage. Its evident that we are exploring
planetary territories through alien droid transmissions. Headphones are
recommended if you prefer to maximize the dizzying array of stereo
panning and acoustic mind fuck.
http://www.furthernoise.org/page.php?ID=164
review by Derek Morton

to unsubscribe please go to