[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 28th March 2007 (Rod Price)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Sun Apr 1 05:50:16 EDT 2007

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--
Sunday 1st April

Hi folks,

Melbourne musician Rod Price came down to the Triple R studio this week to
talk about his part in Blasphemy (details below). I received his sounds from
Darren Verhagen late last year and took the chance to invite him in to the
show.

Taylor Deupree (NY, 12k) starts his national tour on Thursday 12th April,
presented by Room40. Symbiosis is co-presenting the Melbourne show on
Saturday 14th April @ Northcote Social Club.

Melbourne poster: http://www.symbiosis.com.au/
National dates: http://room40.org/events.shtml

Wednesday 4th April: A look at some new sounds that have slid across the
Symbiosis desk and hard drive this last month.

Coming up: Vitor Joaquim, Taylor Deupree, Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan
Baker, Aaron Ximm, RF

Have a great week,

Simon.

--

Symbiosis Playlist ­ 28th March, 2007

Rod Price popped by the studio to have a chat about his part in the new
exhibition, ŒBlasphemy¹, at Burrinja Gallery in Upwey. The exhibition
features 24 artists, opens 29th March at 6.30pm, and runs until 22nd April.

www.burrinja.org.au

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

Rod Cooper :: mandrel :: Friction :: Room40

Jen Boyd :: pine :: 8 Trees :: Autumn Records Leaves Series

Freiband :: vuur :: Leise :: Cronica

Rod Price interview & live performance

For Barry Ray :: (excerpt) :: Vagspel :: Room40

Freiband :: j torrance mix :: Sijis Rmx (Expanded Edition) :: Sijis

Hans Appelqvist :: http://www.naimachat.se :: Naima :: Hapna

Tennis :: mikael stavostrand loose-knit-pierrot remix :: Furlines (bonus cd
- the 'horseback' mixes :: Bip-Hop

Textile Ranch :: bear is ours :: Textile Ranch/Charles Atlas split :: Static
Caravan

Ljudbilden & Piloten :: so where's the buffalos? :: Rufs :: Fenetre

Post :: whales :: Post :: Preservation

Loscil :: cloister :: First Narrows :: Kranky

Dallas Simpson :: (excerpt) :: The Adoration Of Willow Shelford ::

The Idealist :: the knives are my eyes :: I Am The Fire :: Nosordo

Farmers Manual :: strasland garage (excerpt) :: Ghos busters III v/a ::
Record Label Records

James Whitehead :: air attack over kabul airfield :: An Anthology Of Noise &
Electronic Music - Fourth A-Chronology 1937-2005 :: Sub Rosa

Monoceros :: warm :: Tales For Silent Nights :: Imaginary Nonexistant
Records