[Microsound-announce] NY: wed sept 27 - new cd release + performance

ben list at seasonalbk.net
Tue Sep 26 11:18:27 EDT 2006

wednesday september 27, 7 - 9 pm. free

winds measure 04 release performance with:
Greg Davis, Jeph Jerman, and Albert Casais

Green Dome Garden
North 12th street. btwn Union and Driggs Ave
williamsburg, brooklyn NY

for map and directions please see:
http://windsmeasurerecordings.net/nw/2006-0927/

wed sept 27 marks the first release performance, and 4th release from
winds measure recordings. please join us from 7 - 9pm in williamsburg/
greenpoint brooklyn for an outdoor performance in the Green Dome
Garden with Greg Davis, Jeph Jerman, and Albert Casais for the
release of 6 x 20.  while Jeph and Greg, and Jeph and Albert have
recorded and released work together, 6 x 20 is the first
collaboration between the three improvisors, recording sound within
the time frame of 20 minutes, with fixed and open sound source rules,
the final mixes were made by Greg Davis.

Jeph Jerman writes " the sounds gathered on these discs were
exchanged with the help of the us postal service. al and i sent
sounds to greg, who recorded his own and then mixed everything
together. for these recordings we all agreed to use only one sound
source per 20 minute piece. for the first disc, the sound sources
were fixed, and we would all play the same source or material at the
same time. for the second disc, we had to use only one sound source
per 20 minute piece, but it could be anything we chose to use. we did
not listen to each other's recordings prior to mixing."

6 x 20 finds new ground for connecting subtle movements, organic
resonnances, and intuitive placement of actions.

the release is packaged in a letterpress sleeve, and includes 2
postcard composite pictures by Greg Davis from photos taken by Greg
Davis, Jeph Jerman, and Albert Casais.

release information:
wm04 - Greg Davis, Jeph Jerman, and Albert Casais - 6 x 20
edition: 100 - 2 x cdr
letterpress sleeve, with postcard composite pictures by Greg Davis
from photos taken by Greg Davis, Jeph Jerman, and Albert Casais.

the release is $10 ( $11 ppd usa / $13 ppd international ) and
available online starting wed 27th.

http://windsmeasurerecordings.net

                            ben owen
http://benowen.org