[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 08.11.06 + SPECIAL REQUEST!

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Nov 9 09:48:09 EST 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    15.11.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***RESONANCEFM LISTENER SURVEY***

first, dear listeners, we here at framework have a service to ask of you - if you click on one of the links above to the resonancefm homepage, you will find a link to a very brief listener survey.  we would be very grateful if you could take a brief moment of your time (approx. 1 minute will do) to fill out this survey - it could be a great aid in the future funding and survival of the station.  so if you value resonancefm and you value framework, please take the survey!  you will be entered in a draw to win a special ipod preloaded with stacks of resfm material, and you will have the opportunity to show your support for your favorite program (framework, right?) - so do it!  (you could also, if you are so inclined, drop me a note to let me know you've filled it in, so i can get a vague idea if anyone reads these playlists...)

this week's edition of framework:afield was produced in seattle, usa, by robert millis and steve barsotti.  for more info you can see their respective websites at http://www.climaxgoldentwins.com and http://www.kazbar.org.  robert says:
  'In Late Summer 2005, I co-curated (with writer Fionn Meade) a large new media/sound installation exhibition in Seattle, called In Resonance. Contributing artists included Steve Roden, Thurston Moore, Toshiya Tsunoda, Jesse Paul Miller, Jim Haynes, Stephen Vitiello, and Jennifer West. Part of the intention of In Resonance was its focus as a group sound show. Sound is difficult to contain, it leaks and mingles and overlaps in persistent and naughty ways. We decided to embrace this, and rather than isolate the different installations we aimed to let them resonate together to create an over-arching soundscape that could be experienced in addition to the individual installations. I asked members of Seattle's Phonographer's Union to walk through the exhibition with their recording equipment and document how they experienced the show--from ambient sounds to sonic details, from visitor comments to malfunctions and conversations--we then burned instant CDRs from these recordings that we sold to visitors. Each phonographer produced startlingly different takes on the same source material. This edition of Framework:afield is an amalgamation of those recordings that phonographer and sound artist Steve Barsotti (www.kazbar.org) and I put together using various chance operations.'
this edition will be available for live streaming and podcast from http://www.resonancefm.com/framework until 15.11.06.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!