[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 11.06 > news/event/release update... new cds + specification.fifteen award

Richard Chartier chartier at 3particles.com
Fri Nov 3 07:48:12 EST 2006

hello all,

i am just back from a whirlwind 4 date tour in Japan which was a
tiring but wonderful experience although still jet lagged. Among the
events... I was very honored to perform in a 1000 year old zen
buddhist temple outside of Tokyo which was amazing. Thank you to all
the curators and organizers involved in this tour and all the old and
new friends I got to see. I hope to be back in in Japan in 2007.

amusing story from tokyo: being in shibuya on halloween night ... i
went into a restaurant at 8:30pm and by the time i left at 11:00pm...
the halloween decorations in many store fronts had already been
removed and crews of busy workers were quickly assembling huge garish
christmas displays. now THAT is efficiency.

I am happy to announce that while in Japan I was informed that my
collaborative project Specification.Fifteen with Taylor Deupree based
on the seascapes by Japanese photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto was
awarded one of 5 honorable mentions by the jury of the Transmediale.
07 Award. Transmediale is a festival for art and digital culture in
Berlin. The Transmediale Award Competition highlights outstanding
contemporary artistic positions in digital media art. The
transmediale award is a major international award for art reflecting
on the aesthetical and cultural impact of new technologies.

hope this message finds you well,

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the
ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

OUT NOW! CD . Incidence  [ Raster-Noton. Germany ]   www.raster-noton.de

OUT NOW! CD . Current  [ Room40, Australia ] special CDEP release for
Australian and Japanese Tour 2006. www.room40.org

CD .   Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) Live recording at
the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. A collaborative work
created for the Hiroshi Sugimoto retrospective. [ LINE, US ]

CD . Levels[Inverted]  [ LINE, US ] 2006. stereo documentation based
on the site-specific 6-channel installation of the same name
exhibited at 1515 Arts Building Oct 13-Nov 19, 2005.  signed and
numbered edition of 250. These will be available online at
3particles.com, www.12k.com and through G Fine Art
(www.gfineartdc.com) only.

CD . 3_components  [ Fusebox, US ]. signed /numbered edition of 60
documenting the sound installation of the same name @ Fusebox gallery
in Washington, DC in 2002. ONLY ONE COPY LEFT!

CD . Series  [ LINE, US ] 2000. first LINE cd. winner of an Honorable
Mention in the Category of Digital Musics by Ars Electronica
[ Austria ] and exhibited in the 2002 Biennial at the Whitney Museum
of American Art. BACK IN STOCK! LAST FEW COPIES.

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > AWARD .  Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) has been
awarded one of 5  Honourable Mentions by the Jury for the
TRANSMEDIALE.07 AWARD (Berlin, Germany)

Salvatore Panatteri @ Contemporary Centre of Non Objective Art
[ Brussels, Belgium] November 2006. www.ccnoa.org

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Fear Drop magazine compilation.
Fear Drop (issue 13) will include articles about and unreleased
tracks by : Rapoon / Reformed Faction, Janek Schaefer, Richard
Chartier, Lionel Marchetti, Toy Bizarre / Cédric Peyronnet, John
Balance, Roger Caillois, Aidan Baker / Nadja, Dominique Petitgand,
K.K. Null + reviews

 > SOUNDTRACK . "Sent" to be used in the soundtrack of the a new work
"Para-Dice" by noted choreographer Saburo Teshigawara. 26'  dance
program for the French cultural channel ARTE.  www.st-karas.com

 > BOOK/CD . Portraits of Sound Artists [ NVO, Austria ]  late 2006.
cd will contain track "a field for recordings.2"
www.nonvisualobjects.com

will contain track "a field for recordings.3"   www.room40.org

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Fear Drop magazine compilation.
Fear Drop (issue 13) will include articles about and unreleased
tracks by : Rapoon / Reformed Faction, Janek Schaefer, Richard
Chartier, Lionel Marchetti, Toy Bizarre / Cédric Peyronnet, John
Balance, Roger Caillois, Aidan Baker / Nadja, Dominique Petitgand,
K.K. Null + reviews

 >  VINYL .  3 or 4 lock grooves as Richard Chartier (+ under one
alias that i can't tell you about yet)  Communication defines culture
v.2 (12" vinyl) [ Conversation Records, US ]  Fall 2006.     artists
include: agaric, agnes, [a]pendics.shuffle, baby ford, barem, bart
skills, benno blome, bruno pronsato, chris fortier, dan curtin,
dapayk, dilo vs. gurtz, dj shiva, franco cinelli, fumiya tanaka,
geoff white, the kooky scientist, jamie morris, mark-henning, miguel
tutera, pinkcourtesyphone, protoype 909, ps (feat. losoul and bine),
quenum, radiq, richard chartier, riley reinhold + emmuel geller, ryan
crosson, seph vs. violett, so inagawa, someone else, twerk, vincent
de wit, and others...  www.conversationrecords.com

 > DVD . Camera Lucida [ LINE, US ]  Jan 2007. sound works inspired
by the pioneering sonoluminescent installation "Camera Lucida" by
Evelyn Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand with works by Carter Tutti (Chris &
Cosey), Taylor Deupree+Richard Chartier, Asmus Tietchens, Evelyn
Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand, COH, Matmos, Kenneth Kirschner, Carsten
Nicolai, and Alku connected to hi resolution digital footage of the
machine itself. Taylor and I have completed the mix of our piece.
January 2007. for more information about the installation:
www.portablepalace.com

Stadt, Germany ] Jan 2007. www.diestadtmusik.de

 > LIVE . Ten Thousand Peacock Feathers in Foaming Acid @ Netmage
[ Bologna, Italy ]. collaborative performance work with artists
Evelina Domnitch and Dmitry Gelfand. Jan 2007.

 > LIVE . to be confirmed @ Transmediale.07 (Berlin, Germany) . Feb
2007.

 > LIVE . Richard Chartier Tours FRANCE 2007. info to come

 > EXHIBIT . "Levels(Lateral)" @ Light and Sound Gallery at the
Portland Art Center. (Portland, Oregon, USA) 2007