[Microsound-announce] Gfx Competition

banyek soutiengorge at freemail.hu
Thu May 18 15:03:05 EDT 2006

hi all,

We are in the process of creating & editing an
electronic/electroacoustic music related collection of
writings in Hungary, due to be out in autumn 2006. It will
be available as a CC licensed pdf (and other derivative
formats) + we will create a very limited amount of hard
copies which will be given to libraries.
Various proffesors from Hungarian Faculties of Arts and
other young talents are going to publish their works in this
collection which still does not have a name. There will be
reviews, interviews, essays, and artist/label portraits in
it. We are going to organise tiny music+discussion events
too, and promote the collection online and offline as well.
I am going to translate the whole or some parts of it into
English, but for this I don’t have an exact date.
Although writings will be written by Hungarians, we would
like to involve graphic artworks in the collection as well
from all around the world which would be “exhibited” between
the writings.

Terms of conditions:

- Please send your artist name and your title of the ONE
work you can submit. (if it doesn’t have one, we’ll publish
it as Untitled)
- Bear in mind that we don’t have any problems with detailed
and fully coloured submissions, though we will not be able
to print it in full colour, only in 256 greyscale. We would
suggest you then to make a compromise somehow due to this fact.
- However big work you send in size, notice that the maximum
space for it will be only an A4 sheet of paper
- All parts of the publication will be free, so nobody will
get money for his or her job.
- There is a strict deadline, it is the 15th of August 2006,
23:59

So, feel free to send anything in email to me which you
would relate to electronic or electroacoustic music! Please
avoid attached files if possible!

Many thanks, and all the best,
Andras Hargitai
Bitlab Records/Complementary